Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 197 & 198

Welcome to the 197th & 198th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's double edition newsletter! And, more importantly, welcome to October. Where the heck does the time go? Maybe the Legion has found a new source of power for their "soul" machines? Dunno...just a theory but I swear it is moving faster than normal lately. This double edition newsletter also brings with it three new guildmates! So please welcome GillgameshPhantomr, and Mayushii. When you see them online be sure to give them a warm Reciprocity welcome. 

I would also like to take this time to tell you all a little bit more about our newest member Phantomr. He is a bit different than most of us in that RP is his favorite part of the game. For those of us who don't RP--or never have--that can make things that people say not make a ton of sense.  Now, Phantomr and I sat down over a nice meal at Legend's Home at his base in Draenor and had a nice chat about guild chat and etiquette etc. That said, RP can be a ton of fun and if you ever want a break from the daily grind of world quests, gearing and all that be sure to hit Phantomr up. Dancingbee and I are also going to work on setting up an RP event or two so we have a designated time for some RP because I know we have several guildmates who used to RP, but don't anymore. Lastly, don't forget we have our Story Corner as well for people to post RP related works as well.

Also, don't forget that the Darkmoon Faire is in town this week. So, don't forget to get that carousel buff or don those hats to get that extra 10% experience and reputation.  

Promotions

Ishnai has been promoted to Senior Member

Rute has been promoted to Honored Member

Niangeli has been promoted to Honored Member

Rahalt has been promoted to Honored Member

Studd has been promoted to Member

Surdor has been promoted to Member

Tyradar has been promoted to Junior Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Vycerra

Vycerra is a great guildie, you can't deny it. Not only does he have a friendly demeanor, but he spent most of the last two weeks make not only tiny gems, but big gems for most of us. Thank you! 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Okay my raiders, I am officially terribly disappointed that none of you could remember that it was Noinar who said "I hate to say it, but what if we went clockwise?" when we were adjusting our strategy on Nyth. (Because you know, he thinks ALL things should be clockwise). See if you know who exclaimed the following: 

"Oh my stars and garters...he Emerald Dream is beautiful!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Ahhhhh the Guild Bank wins again. Remember that if you complete a dungeon with at least two other guildmates that award the guild gold you should send Rhodaria an in-game mail to be put in the drawing for a chance to win gold. 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

We are continuing to try and collect enough materials to begin providing food, flasks, enchants and gems for everyone but are still in much much much need of materials. So any extras you have feel free to dump in. Thanks!

Raid News

A great raid week! I want to start by saying how much I appreciate everyone continuing to show up at invite time, it really makes my life easier and makes the entire invite process go  much more smoothly--particularly when our group size is this big. We did a great job this week too. We did significantly better on the bosses we had downed the previous week, and then downed two new ones. We got Iggy-boo down for the first time, and despite our initial struggle with Cenarius (let's be honest that is a crazy hectic fight and GOSH DARN IT I hate those brambles) we were victorious in the end. I can't wait for another great week of raiding with everyone. 

Don't forget to be signing up ahead of time. I have posted the raids for the rest of October, so get in there and sign up. Don't forget I had to cancel this Saturday's raid because Noinar and I will be out of town. But, we will be making it up with a for funsies Heroic attempt tonight. 

Lastly, raiders, don't forget to be running those mythics and mythic+ dungeons. I know it can be tempting to sit back and wait for gear to drop from the raid, but it would be really slow going that way. So help us by getting more gear outside of raid and make us a stronger team overall. If you need help, or are unsure just hit us up and we can try and schedule a time to go. I would really like to see all of our raiders do at least one Mythic+ a week. 

Congratulations

Congratulations to Rafaeula for being the most insane this week in the guild and (I think) being the first person in the guild to earn [Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One].

In Legion New
Vycerra, Spraggins, Buddy, & Stonesnake now have a [Roster of Champions]. Huckleberri earned [Champions Rise]. Gryzba has completed [Many Missions]. Xavill, Rute, McFrizzle, Elenntari, Acidblackz, & Vycerra have completed [Quite a Few Missions] and Valpardosa, Galfin, & Stonesnake have been muttering something about [So Many Missions]. Swiftvirus, Lazarys, Glenoweth, Gillgamesh, & Sulfurion learned [There's a Boss in There], and Sulfurion, Nymeryia, Lenan, Galfin, Charming, & Rilor learned that sometimes you [Need Backup]. Stonesnake & Rahalt are proud to have [50 World Quests Completed]. Thaeldros, Nymeryia, Ciearia, & Sulfurion learned this week that [Variety is the Spice of Life]. Vycerra, Overloaded, Offthechaeni, Huckleberri, Galfin, Bakaboo, & Rute have [200 World Quests Completed]. Yet, all of that seems to pale in comparison to Shero & Lazarys who have [500 World Quests Completed]. Vycerra has become [Resourceful].

[Vrykul Story, Bro] was completed by Xavill
[That's Val'shara Folks] was completed by Glenoweth & Eyegor
[Azsuna Matata] was completed by Iceyhott
Megaroll & Jezaiah have found the [Treasures of Azsuna].
Iraana earned [Broken Isles Explorer].

Congratulations to those making progress on their artifacts. Shadew, & Gillgamesh are set with their [Arsenal of Power]. Vycerra, Spraggins, Rielle, & Stonesnake finished [A Glorious Campaign]. Vycerra, Spraggins, Rielle, & Stonesnake are also [Forged for Battle].

In Dungeon & Raid News
Congratulations to people who completed mythics: Xavill, Rute, Rahalt, Kittyn, Jezaiah, Galfin, Celadrithien, & Vycerra. And we're getting brave (which is a good thing) Buddy, Whithers, Offthechaeni, Noinar, Elenntari, Azurya, & Iceyhott earned [Keystone Initiate] and Rilor, Lenan, & Overloaded earned [Keystone Challenger]. Meanwhile Rafaeula is over here with [Broken Isles Keymaster]. Rielle earned [Legion Dungeon Hero]. People are even starting to get the special achievements from the dungeons. Shero, Devilbroly, Charming, Azurya, & Offthechaeni activated the [Surge Protector] in Halls of Valor. Rute earned [Arcanic Cling]. Rilor, Charming, & Kittyn learned that [Helheim Hath No Fury]. Rafaeula can safely say that he now has a [Clean House]. If Violet Hold weren't bad enough Kittyn, Charming, & Iraana were told [You're Just Making it WORSE!].

All the new content didn't keep people from going back and earning achievements from old stuff. Congratulations to Traxxia, Spraggins, Rielle, Phantomr, Buddy, & Studd. Rielle even took home [Glory of the Raider (25 Player)].

In PvP News
Valpardosa earned a [Battle for Gilneas Victory]. Plus, he is earned a rep for being an [Ancient Protector] and yelling [Drop it Now!]. Rahalt & Iceyhott each earned a [Honorable Medallion].

In Reputation News
Thaeldros became exalted with [The Anglers]. Big congratulations are in order, Rafaeula, Lazarys, & Lenan earned [Broken Isles Diplomat].

In Pet & Mount News
Skarlyt earned [Shop Smart, Shop Pet...Smart]. Kataniya now has his own [Rookie Pet Group]. Jezaiah is showing off her stuff, she was out hunting and came back with [Broken Isles Safari].

In Profession News
Overloaded became an [Expert Archaeologist] and Offthechaeni & Cindeelouwho began [Surveying the Land]. Glenoweth is now a [Draenor Cook] and a [Sous Chef] which means he now has the [Skills to Pay the Bills]. Rielle, Galfin, & Kataniya earned [Legion Aquaculture]. Shero wants everyone to know she has [Bigger Fish to Fry]. Meanwhile, Overloaded, Cindeelouwho, & Devilbroly are probably cursing up a storm since with over 100 work orders with Nomi they earned [Never A Day's Rest]. Kataniya is now a [Jack of All Trades]. Jezaiah & Iraana both earned [Legion Fisherman]. I don't know how, but Rafaeula & Ishani both managed to earn [Professional Legion Master]. *Rho curses under her breath something about ore and jewelcrafting*

In Fashion News
Loefteng & Kataniya both earned [Fashionista: Wrist] and [Fashionista: Waist]. Iceyhott & Azurya earned [Fashionista: Back].

In Miscellaneous News
Valpardosa earned [It's Over Nine Thousand!]. Thaeldros collected [Twenty-Five Tabards]. Swiftvirus has [2000 Quests Completed], and Studd has [3000 Quests Completed]. Nightgelder now has [Tons of Toys] to play with and Celadrithien is now [The Toymaster].

Reminders

~There is a difference between encouraging people to try something and saying it is easy. Not everyone will find things as easy/difficult. Encourage and support each other!~

Jump to: