Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 199

Welcome to the 199th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! This week we welcome Lochorcan to the guild and we welcome back Galatine (formerly Deathsecho). So when you see them around be sure to give them a warm Reciprocity welcome. 

I don't know about all of you, but I really am not sure when October happened. I mean, granted it happens after September...that much I know. But as to the rapidity with which it occurred, yeah, I got nothing. And, sadly, with it has come the snow--at least for us up here in North Dakota. Normally, I don't mind. But for some reason I WAS NOT PREPARED this year. *snickers* See what I did there?

What can I say, the little things tickle me. Speaking of the little things. I am not sure if any of you have been paying attention to any of the flavor text on items this expansion, but I have to say it has really been an enjoyable experience for me. So, tell me...which one of you is going to open this jar of Ancient Pickled Koi

Please take the time to read the note in here about professions, materials and guild supply. 

Promotions

Qirvon has been promoted to Junior Member

Rielle has been promoted to Veteran Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Studd

Studd may be a recent addition to our guild and our raid team but he is definitely a great asset. Studd was nominated for never hesitating to volunteer himself to join a guild group to help out a guildie running a dungeon. It never matters whether the difficulty is a mythic+ or a normal. He always steps up and volunteers himself. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Pssssh, I swear, it's like you people don't read guild chat anymore *sigh* How can you not remember a phrase as distinct as "Oh my stars and garters, the Emerald Dream is beautiful!" Well, it was the amazing Kataniya who uttered the phrase. Mayhaps you will remember who had great insight into why Nomi burns so much food. Suggesting that perhaps it was his instruction earlier in life. 

"Sliced peaches and ramen do not a great chef make"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Cindeelouwho won 1600 gold

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here. 

Fourth Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest

It is October, and I will point out that Hallow's End starts next week. And those of you who have been here for a while know what that means. Those of you who are new don't...but you're about to *evil laughter*. Every year the guild "hosts" a grand pumpkin carving/decorating contest. The contest rules are simple and the full explanation can be found on the forum post over here. Deadline for submissions is October 31st. So grab those knives and lets get to butcherin' up some pumpkins.  

A Note about Professions & Guild Materials

As most of you know professions in Legion...well...there is no other way to say it, they suck giant monkey balls. They are slow, time and mat intensive, expensive and basically an all around pain in the ass. This has made it difficult for the guild to get up and running to supply the majority of our materials for the guild like we have in the past. 

Because of the ranks (star) system that has been implemented into this expansions profession system the material cost goes down (sometimes substantially) as the rank improves. This will seriously benefit us in the long term. Additionally, as I am sure you are all deeply aware, the grind to get to the top of the profession is painfully slow (for example I am all gray and stuck at 790 in JC right now *giant angry face*) and while it doesn't matter for the majority of professions there are a few that cannot access the top items until 800. Like the +200 primary stat gems or the cauldrons. 

So, what does all that mean? Well, what we would like to do as a guild is try and funnel the majority of our guild resources into just a few individuals to start until we are able to provide a steady stream of supplies for our members. This should allow us to get those rank 3 recipies faster and really start cranking out those flasks, potions, gems, enchants etc. 

So, what we would ask is that if you are one of the people who graciously picked up a gathering profession to help out please dump the items either into the guild bank or send them directly to the individuals who have been appointed. This doesn't mean you have to stop working on your own professions by any means or stop supplying your own materials if that is what you were doing. We just want to try and streamline the process so we can get supplies for the guild faster.

Lastly, in terms of who got "appointed" to be the primary profession slaves for the guild. We looked at who was highest in the profession so far, the current rank of their recipies, and their availability during raids (for example alchemists who will need to drop cauldrons will need to be able to attend the majority of raids) and availaiblity outside of raids--or ability to contact them outside of game.

Alchemy: Cindeelouwho

Enchanting: Sverah

Jewelcrafting: Rhodaria 

Guild Bank

As stated above we could greatly use materials of all kinds, herbs, ore, fish, meat etc. Anything you can spare or help us funnel to our appointed profession slaves would be deeply appreciated. 

Requests for Fun Things

This is a friendly reminder at the request of your Badgerlord (aka Eula). That is there is any old content, or achievements, mounts, pets etc. that you are after that you want or need guild help with give him a poke, whisper, send him mail...you know whatever so he can help coordinate and set things up. 

Raid News

Such a great week! It was a weird one for sure, since Noinar and I had to be gone for the weekend and we ended up shifting the weekend raid to a Wednesday (not to be expected to happen again). That said, boy did we rock this past week. Not only did we get our first Xavius kill on normal (WOOT!), but we did our first night of Heroic. It was a challenge, don't get me wrong. But in the end we persevered, and were successful.

Not only were we successful, but we actually earned an execution ranking on the log site we use. This is big news! This is the first time we have done this as a guild. We were in the 82nd percentile! HOLY COW! That means only 18% of the guilds who reported logs of Heroic Nyth did the mechanics on that fight better than we did. That is just amazingly awesome. We have a slightly unbalanced group right now and it is things like that--staying focused and following mechanics that is going to keep us progressing forward.

So, let's keep kicking ass and taking loot!

Also, a friendly reminder to everyone that you should at least be trying to run one mythic+ dungeon a week. That allows you to get your challengers bounty in your Order Hall each week (free gear yay)! If you're having a hard time getting a group together just let me or Chaeni know and we should be able to set something up for ya.

Here's to another great week. 

Congratulations

Congratulations are in order for Devilbroly & Shero who earned [Broken Isles Pathinder, Part One]

In Legion News
Acidblackz now has a full [Roster of Champions]. Ironteck earned [Many Missions]. Dancingbee may have been seen drinking an ale muttering something about [So Many Missions], which Ishnai, Offthechaeni, Stryyp, & Nightgelder also earned. Elenntari, Shadowpreach, & Nightgelder's Champions learned that sometimes [There's a Boss in There]. Acidblackz now has [50 World Quests Completed]. Cindeelouwho, Megaroll, Nightgelder, Ones, Rilor, & Elenntari learned this week that [Variety is the Spice of Life]. Celadrithien & Nymeryia have been hard at work and now have [200 World Quests Completed]. Noinar, Whithers, & Sveraph have [500 World Quests Completed]. Uhmm... so this happened >.> Devilbroly now has [1000 World Quest Completed]. Are we sure that isn't a computer glitch? Yikes!

Beargoggles found the [Treasures of Highmountain].
Celadrithien is now an [Adventurer of Azsuna].
Cindeelouwho is now an [Adventurer of Val'sharah].
Devilbroly, Shero, Sveraph, and Lazarys are a [Good Suramaritan].
Galatine earned [Vrykul Story, Bro].
Loefteng earned [Azsuna Matata].
Huckleberri earned [Broken Isles Explorer].
Devilbroly, Sveraph, and Lazarys earned [Loremaster of Legion]

Acidblackz & Glenoweth earned [A Glorious Campaign] and are now [Forged for Battle]. Glenoweth & Phantomr now have a fully equipped [Arsenal of Power].

In Dungeon & Raid News
Congratulations are in order for Acidblackz, Celadrithien, Dancingbee, Galfin, Glenoweth, Huckleberri, Ishnai, Gwyndee, Megaroll, Nymeryia, Ones, Rahalt, Shadowpreach, Stonesnake, Studd, Swiftvirus, Bellowbeard, & Azurya who completed new mythic dungeons. Dancingbee, Huckleberri, Ishnai, Gwyndee, Studd, & Glenoweth are all each a [Keystone Initiate]. Azurya earned [Keystone Challenger]. Buddy learned that [Helheim Hath No Fury]. Ishnai & Swiftvirus earned [Arcanic Cling]. Lazarys & Rahalt earned [Surge Protector]. Cindeelouwho & Stonesnake are now both a [Legion Dungeon Hero].

And, we can't forget those who went back and had fun in that old content. Congras to Dancingbee, Galatine, Glenoweth, Huckleberri, Kittyn, Lenan, Lochorcan, Rielle, Spraggins, Stonesnake, Sulfurion, Sveraph, & Devilbroly. Studd earned [Outland Raider].

In Reputation News
Azurya, Studd, Sveraph, Swiftvirus, Whithers, & Charming can now all say they are a [Broken Isles Diplomat]. Charming & Sveraph earned exalted with [The Nightfallen].

In Profession News
Elenntari & Rahalt earned [Legion Aquaculture] & Kittyn became a [Legion Fisherman]. Celadrithien & Cindeelouwho learned how to be [Resourceful]. Freyya & Lazarys are now both a [Professional Legion Master]. Beargoggles earned [Working the Isles]. Galfin, Stonesnake, Stryyp, Vycerra, & Jezaiah keep telling Nomi there is [Never A Day's Rest]. Meanwhile, Sveraph is now a [Draenor Cook].

In Pet & Mount News
Glenoweth found a [Swift White Hawkstrider] for his very own.

In PvP News
Iraana earned [Twin Peaking] and [Two-Timer].

In Miscellaneous News
Galatine was busy this week [Having a Ball] and Studd now has [Tons of Toys]. Ishnai earned [Draenor Pathfinder].

Reminders

~Just because it looks warm outside, doesn't mean it *is* warm outside~

Jump to: