Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 218 & 219

Welcome to the 218th & 219th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! It is a tad earlier than Week 219, but that's alright. I wanted to make sure we got the news out on time this week to people because there are a few important updates. 

Don't forget there is currently a cross promotion going on between WoW and Heroes of the Storm. All you have to do is play 15 Heroes of the Storm games with friends (you don't even have to win) and you earn yourself a great mount in WoW (plus in Heros). There is a forum thread for those who are interested or are needing help getting partners. Feel free to post there or on the facebook group if you need help finishing up those games. 

Also, it is with much sadness that I have to announce that our wonderous Swiftvirus (aka Swiftdevil) will be stepping down from Officership due to real life time constraints. We have appreciated his help and thank him for his time and service. 

Lastly, I have updated our Scroll of Focus Flakes to reflect our recent policy changes. Make sure you look these over and ask if you have an questions or concerns. 

Promotions

Aletaria has been promoted to Junior Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Week 218 Nalik

Week 219 Devilbroly

Two great guildies, two brave souls. Nalik was nominated for braving Chaenis on the fly tanking explanations. I swear, sometimes it's like she's trying to kill them. He stepped up on Sunday when we had no other tank. Devilbroly was nominated for always being willing to help out. He always asks if people need help with dungeons and recently agreed to be our permanent Sunday Tank. Thank you both for helping out the guild. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Well, a few people were right that it was Ones who was part of the duo last week. But, alas, Studd was not the other half...instead it was me and Ones who had the exchange: "I can dance, I can prance!" "I can see Will's underpants". Now, you have to reach into the recesses of your brain and see if you can remember this one from just this Tuesday.  

"I'm a floofy floofer"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Celadrithien won 1600 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here 

Guild Bank

What a great first month of Mat Battles! Now, technically there are still two days to get your  entries in, so get cracking. Remember Come March 1 a new Mat Battle begins all with a clean slate. So anything you send March 1 and later will count towards to totals for March. 

Thank you to everyone who has been donating it has really taken a giant weight off our shoulders and has made keeping us raid ready a lot more fun. 

Raid News

It has been a great two weeks in raiding. It has been wonderful to see the number of excited people signing up again. True, our Saturday and Sunday numbers have been a bit lower, but for me at least that is okay. Sometimes having a smaller group can be fun too. Plus, I know for some of you (cough not us) the weather is getting nicer and school is getting busy and you just need a small break.

We got High Botanist down for the first time the past two weeks (and killed him again). We even were within about 7% on Star Augur on both Thursday and Saturday of this past week. So we are almost there. 

We even got to play around again on Heroic this past Saturday night. It went significantly better than the first time we tried a few weeks ago. We went from imploding at 88% to surviving and hitting the enrage. So I think within a week or two with a few more upgrades and a little tweaking on our dps we should be alright. 

There are two important points of business this week as well as the updates.

First, over the past few weeks we have made some changes to how sign ups work etc. I have tried to make sure to announce these at raids but please make sure you read them over as well. I have formalized and posted all of the changes to our Scroll of Focus Flakes. The biggest change is that in order to raid you now must be signed up as tentative in order to attend. So, even if you're not sure you can make it, toss a tentative up there just in case. If you want to chat with me or clarify anything feel free. I tried to be clear when writing everything, but sometimes it can still be confusing. 

Second, I have posted March raids so don't forget to sign up! Also, please note that on the week on March 6th we have moved that Saturday's raid to Friday night. This is because the family is going out of town to visit El's father in Colorado so we won't be available for our normal Saturday raid. 

Reminders

But you can always TRY!

Jump to: