Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 221

Welcome to the 221st edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! *stretches out and rejoices* It is finally Spring Break over here in North Dakota...even if there isn't anything "springish" about it. They did, after all, get several inches of snow this weekend while Elenntari and I were off in Colorado visiting El's father. And holy cow was it nice there. Weather in the 60s. I was running around without a coat it was loverly. Although, I was reminded on our drive back that our last trip out to Colorado in El's broken Prius did prompt me to write a verse of a parody song about the experience. So in case you missed it...or if you were missing it. I remind you of Hills Hills Hills. Just you know replace the heat with the freezing cold.

Now, back to things at hand. In case you missed it. We have got a great new Events officer and he is kicking things off this week on Friday March 17th with a short and fun event: Irish on Un'goro. Be sure to check out the forum post with all the event details and then sign up in game. 

There is also a great post on the Falcosaur guide in case anyone was interested in working on obtaining those mounts. 

Promotions

Yonce has been promoted to Honored Member

Chelana has been promoted to Betwixt&Between

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Offthechaeni

Chaeni was nominated this past week for helping with the switch over to discord. She helped not only set up the discord server but also went through the effort of writing up a short tutorial and spent time walking several guildies through the process of setting everything up. We appreciate all that you do Chaeni. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Last week's challenge was said by Offthechaeni. How could we not remember it was Chaeni who said "Blizzard sowing trust issues since forever." Do you remember who said the following:

"And now for random association hour"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Galfin won 1135 gold

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

March Mat Battle

Don't forget to keep those donations coming as you can. Remember that we have also added a category to the prize list (whoever donates the most across categories will also will a prize), so feel free to donate as much across all the categories as you can. 

Additionally, this week's bonus items are as follows: Silver Mackerel, gem chips, Eye of Prophecy, or Deadly Eye of Prophecy & Foxflower. Donating these items will net you additional points in the battle for guild domination.

Lastly, remember that while you are always welcome to donate directly to the guild bank, it is more difficult to track these donations, so if you send them directly to the following people it would be greatly appreciated and we can guarantee your donations will be tracked.  

Enchanting supplies should be sent to Whithers

Herbs, & flasks should be sent to Offthechaeni

Ore, gems, and gold should be sent to Rhodaria

Fish, meat, and food should be sent to Dancingbee (this used to be Jezaiah--so please note the change)

Raid News

This week we made quick work of normal Nighthold and despite the fact that Elisande may still be elusive, she is next on the guild hit list, trust me. We made good progress on her and she won't be far off. Then, on Saturday we got our first guild kills of Heroic Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly and even got a few good tries in on Trilliax. It was a blast. 

I mentioned it during Tuesday (tonight's) raid, but we are going to try something new for the next few Sunday raids. We will be doing a fresh Nigthhold run. The goal is to get a chance on gear for early nighthold bosses for those who can't make Tuesday's raid and at the same time focus on tier bosses so others can also get extra rolls on those bosses as well. 

Be sure to sign up for raids. April raids should be posted next week, so be on the lookout. 

Reminders

~Don't forget to sign up and get ready for Irish on Un'Goro on Friday!~

Jump to: