Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 225 & 226

Welcome to the 225th & 226th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that I introduce you to our newest guildie: Munsy! He has joined us from Coroc's previous server (and welcome back Coroc). So, if you see him online be sure to give him a warm Reciprocity welcome. 

Don't forget that this week (and this week only) is Dancingbee's favorite holiday: Noblegarden! And poor Bee, she has to be out of town *sob* so, we ask, beg--nay DEMAND that you gather those eggs in her place. Well, that and there are some updates this year including a new pet for 200 chocolates and the holiday mog items will become appearances with 7.2.5 so you might want to grab those as well. If you want to get all the details, check out Wowhead's Noblegarden Guide

If that weren't enough of a trip Cela found this little gem an posted it to the facebook group for us this week...like I don't know if I am horrified or excited. I am sure I should be saying embrace the power of "and" here but I dunno.

Now, I do have some not so fun news to share with people this week. As some of you may have noticed Ones has not been on much recently. This is because he recently had a death in the family and his sister has really been struggling personally so he is taking some personal time to help his sister and mom cope during this difficult time. He isn't gone, just needing to spend some time in the real world--he promises to be back with more fun filled games and events. 

In other heart breaking news Evon's uncle passed away yesterday after a long battle with Parkinsons. So be sure to send both Evon and Ones your prayers, hugs, love and goo juju. We are thinking of both of you during these difficult times. 

Lastly, El's father (Chaeni and Rho's grandfather and Whither's father-in-law) passed away this past weekend as well--I know the world is really not treating our members well right now. We will be gone during part of the first week of May to attend the Celebration of Life in Colorado and will post further details about how this will impact raids etc. as soon as we know more. 

Okay, let's see what else (fun and happy) has occurred these past two weeks...

Promotions

Shero has been promoted to Senior Member

Coroc has been promoted to Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Shero

Also known as "The Baconator" ...  was nominated this past week for going above and beyond the call of...meat? Shero has been one of the main suppliers of bacon for our feasts this past few weeks. We deeply apprecite you your meat-y-ness *bows*

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Weeeeee! We had a guess last week--and it made my day. Ones thought that it was probably Dancingbee who said "Can barely shatter a bridge and he's talking about shattering our world!" but alas he was incorrect! It was actually Rondoh who was all snarky about Mr. Krosus. Maybe you all will be more knowledgeable about who said this gem of a quote: 

"Shanar Deloras means, 'Holy Shit' "

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Megyn won 1600 gold

Cindeelouwho won 1600 gold

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here. 

April Mat Battle

April's Mat Battle is still under way...so don't forget to donate. 

Mat Battles are our way of helping keep the guild bank stocked, but doing it in a fun way. Almost all current materials are helpful (except not broken teeth). The Mat Battles are called "battles" because each month we have two winners! One winner is from the "type" of mat that received the most donations. The other winner is the individual who donated the most diversity in a given month. 

In order for your donations to be "counted" you must send your items using the in-game mail to Dancingbee. This allows us to ensure that donations don't get missed (the logs of the guild bank don't last very long). 

I will provide a more in depth FAQ on what is the most useful in an upcoming newsletter. 

Raid News

Don't forget that April Raids are posted--so sign up! 

We are currently doing the second half of Nighthold Normal on Tuesdays (Augur, Tichondrius, Elisande, & Gul'dan)--with the first bit of heroic. Then, on Thursdays & Saturdays we are doing Heroic Progression. Lastly, on Sundays we are doing the first half of Nighthold Normal (and once done with that) redoing tier bosses for chances to use reroll tokens for extra chances at tier. 

We have been making great progress these past few weeks. We even got our first Heroic Star Augur kill (even if that pesky Krosus still evades us) and we melted all of our bosses on Tuesday night this week. 

If you have any bosses in particular that you need loot from let Rho know. 

Congratulations

Congratulations to everyone who has managed to earn their Pathfinder Part 2 Achievements and earned flying!

Reminders

~This week is a great week to put in a little extra effort towards those world quests because you get bonus rep for each one you complete~

~Don't forget to be doing your artifact knowledge research--it will allow you to gather more arti-fucked power at a time~

Jump to: