Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 235 and 236

Welcome to the 235 & 236th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that I get to start off this week's newsletter by welcoming two wonderful new guildies! Give it up for Synney and Shamakaze! Be sure to give them a warm Reciprocity welcome when you see them online or in any of the social media places (which I know several of you already have).

Well, we are not only a week into the release of 7.2.5, but in case you missed it, we are also about a week into the Midsummer Fire Festival. There is a new toy and a new pet this year...so if you are into those things you might want to get on it....just saying I was a little slow to get started this year. There are of course other fun things, and many of the items are now appearances you can collect as well (you know, in case you deleted them in the past) and for you crazy alt-a-holics I believe a few heirloom upgrades you can purchase as well. You can check it all out in the wowhead guide

Also, don't forget there is the quest to upgrade your legendaries to 970 now. Each one takes 50 writhing essence. An excellent and relatively easy source of these is the daily heroic which now grants 5. So, don't forget to grab 2 guildies and make it a guild checkmark (and send Rho a mail for a chance to win gold each week). You also get 20 of them out of your Mythic + chest at the start of each week, so even running a low level keystone might be worth your time if you are working on upgrading your legendaries. Additional sources can be randomly found in things like the emissary quest boxes and the legionfall supply boxes I believe. 

I sincerely hope everyone has enjoyed this first two weeks of the patch (yes yes I just realized that technically it was two weeks. The raid was one, there was a week before that...but let's be honest I live with El...All time is measured in raid time), despite the occasional bumpy road.

Now, on to other things in guild news. 

Guildie of the Week

This week is a little different than normal...for two reasons. One, we have two sets because two weeks worth of newsletter. Two, one set of guildie of the week is a group of people because I can't really pull them apart from each other for what they did. So I bring you....SHAMANFEST!

Week 235: Galfin

Week 236: Ronaloudance Baladeedoh (aka RondohBalanceCindeelouwho)

Galfin was nominated for slaving away with the beasts and leather to craft up a whole set of gear for a newly leveled alt of a guildie. It was an amazing gift and I am pretty sure if said guildie could squeel they might have. Thank you for the gift to the guildie and to us for your continued presence here. 

Ronaloudance Baladeedoh (that is to say Rondoh, Balance, and Cindeelouwho) were nominated for being wonderful and amazing and running dungeon after dungeon (including a +8 Black Rook Hold WITH VOLCANIC!) just to help gear Deaxus up. Now that is some solid shaman bonding. Thank you all for all of your help. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Fiiiiiiinnnne..... *pouts* you all disappoint me. I can't believe no one remembered that it was Kungfukillz who said "Well that's some kama sutra shit!" I mean I am pretty sure we wiped because of that one. Granted,it was like more than a month ago...but it still makes me giggle. Here is a more recent one. Honest! It was only a week ago. Who said this precious gem...

"Fear my butterfly farts!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Baalance won 1600 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Mat Battles

The month is June and the battle rages on! This is your last week to pull ahead. The bonus items this week are Fjarnskaggl and Foxflower. Remember to have your items counted towards the mat battle please send all items via in-game mail to Dancingbee. 

Featured Order of Reciprocity

This week's featured Order of Reciprocity is the Order of the Minstrels! This is my personal favorite order simply because I love love love parody songs--yeah I know, I am weird. Our Order of the Minstrels seeks to recognize our creative and quirky guildmates who have taken the time and effort to work on parts (or all of) a parody (or original if you are super duper crazy) song.

Granted, some of you may not know this, since it has been a while since there has been a full blown parody done...but...most people who have raided with us know that we frequently belt out (or type) parody of lines to songs that are wow related. So, it wasn't long before we had a collection of lines, sections and whole songs we had created. 

In order to join the Order of the Minstrels all you have to do is create a parody song (or portion of a song) and post the lyrics (or audio if you are really ambitious) to the Reciprocity Raid Tunes forum thread. Remember, you can always partner up and make it a group effort (we have totally done that in the past as well). 

Even if you're not feeling up to it, checking out some of those past songs can be quite a blast from the past and a giggle. You can look through the forum thread to view the lyrics and videos or look at the Order's Membership Page to see who has contributed. Just as a teaser, here is one of my personal favs written by our beloved Elenntari.

Raise Your Flask!

Raid News

Well, week one of Tomb of Sargeras is over and done and what a freaking blast! I mean DAMN that was fun. I couldn't have asked for a better start to a new raid with better people. You are all the reason I keep playing this game and having a good time doing it. Thank you all for coming prepared, showing up on time, remaining (relatively) focused and kicking butt. All in all when the week was done we had downed 7 of the 9 bosses on normal, which is not at all far behind the top guild on our server. 

I have posted raids for July, so don't forget to sign up. A few words about July raids... 

1) Sign up

2) If your sign up status changes, please update it. If it changes last minute (w/in 12-24 hours and I have posted the raid group please send me a mail, a facebook message, a text or something so I can update our raid group and find a replacement.

3) Yes, we will plan for a raid on the 4th, if you have plans no biggie go have fun. If we have enough we will totally raid!! Woot kill bosses get loot (yes we have no life here...well wow=life here). 

4) Currently we have scheduled Thursdays for our Heroic night. As we progress we will add more heroic nights and fewer normal nights and I will adjust the calendar as that happens, so be sure and check it regularly. (I will also note changes in the newsletter).

That is all...let's keep kicking ass!

Reminders

~Don't forget to be upgrading your legendaries~

Jump to: