Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 237

Welcome to the 237th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! And a Happy 4th of July to our Americans and Happy Canada Day to our Canadians! I hope everyone had a great holiday. This  are sure heating up here in North Dakota...it is even in the mid to high nineties all week (and supposedly next week too *dies). But, on the upside, we can stay inside and enjoy the Darkmoon Faire this week!

That's right, The Darkmoon Faire is in town this week, and with 7.2.5 there is a new feature that you can read about here...plus a teaser for 7.3 (which I don't even want to talk about *hates change*...pretty much the first 2 minutes of the Weekly Reset sums up my feelings about the immediate release of the next PTR build lol. However, if you love all the newness (you know, even while we are trying to enjoy this newness, there is a TON out there to look at).

Promotions

Shadew has been promoted to Senior Member

Coroc has been promoted to Honored Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Baalance

Baalance was nominated for bringing a fellow guildie into some mythics this past week, even when they didn't know the dungeons. He helped show them the ropes and was patient with him even when he died. A real example of what a guild member should be! We are so glad you (*cough* finally *cough*) joined us. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Well well well...Elenntari guessed right! She knew it was Yonce who said "Fear my butterfly farts!" Now the question is, do you know who said...

"We need to cross our Ts and dot our lower case Js."

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Devilbroly won 1600 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Featured Order of Reciprocity

This week's featured Order of Reciprocity is the Order of the Bard! The Order of the Bard was originally inspired by our mother guild The Illuminati and it's great pen mistress Cantique who frequently wrote great tales for us all to read of our grand adventures. Then, when we became a guild we also had several people who really liked to write and RP so we kept the traditional alive and the Order of the Bard is our way of recognizing those amazing individuals. 

In order to join, all you need to do is pen your own RP story (no requirements on length or content) and post it to the RP Forums. Then, you will be added to the Order. You can check out our Membership page to see our marvelous members and the various titles they have penned, or poke around on the RP Forums and read them as well. 

Maybe we'll have some new additions soon. 

Guild Bank

A big thank you to everyone who donated to June's mat battle! It was a close call and we are just finishing up the tallies and will have the results to post with next week's newsletter. In the meantime our most needed items are once again Fjarnskaggl and Foxflower...I mean seriously are we like sleep-eating these or something? Plus, more Hungry Magister's or the materials are also bonus items this week. 

Are You Interested In...?

Alright guilstars (as my beloved Sophstuff would say) we have been talking about doing a few achievements/pet/mount things that require groups so I am posting about them with this newsletter. So, please take the time to read about them and let me know (in some written form--don't just say it in discord as I will never remember) that you are interested. Each of the following are time and energy commitments and you would need to be willing to stick with it for all members of the group to obtain the achievement/pet/mount/item etc. 

So, are you interested in:

1. Return to Kara Speed Run for Smoldering Ember Wyrm Mount

This requires your group to run the new Karazhan Mythic dungeon FAST, very FAST. Granted, with the gear level most people are at now that is pretty doable, but you do still need to know the fights and the instance relatively well to get it done in time. The mount is a 100% drop rate, so once the group knows how to do it, it should only take a few weeks to get everyone the mount!

2. Achievement: Poor Unfortunate Souls which earns you a pet: Lagan

There is really no way to describe this other than nuts. Through a series of buffs you have to venture through Black Rook Hold (Heroic) and into Maw of Souls (Mythic) and no one can die--ever or game over...all while on a relatively tight timer of course. But then, what don't we do for pets?

***If there are other things like this that you have been secretly (or not so secretly) wanting to do let me know and we can put up a note in the newsletter and get groups together for them***

7. Herald of the Titans (Yes I am aware I skipped to seven and no there isn't really a 3-6). And there isn't anyone who is currently begging to do this, but I know some people had previously expressed a kind of sort of maybe interest in doing this. If this is something you are actually very interested in doing let me know and we can break out our herald toons again (although be aware it is a MAJOR time and energy commitment).

Please remember to send me some form of written communication about your interest (discord message, in game mail, text, facebook etc.)

Legacy Raid Fun/Achievement/Mog Night

Way back in the day we used to have a weekly fun night to just hang out and smash old content. It was a blast. Now, it is actually kind of hard because people just blow through shit and then people fall behind and feel left out etc. etc. BUT we are going to try to 1-2 times per month start to have those fun nights again with the main goal being finishing meta achievements for people and working on mog items for people. 

We will start will Hellfire Citadel on Friday July 21st. So, question is do people prefer just smashing Mythic OR do people want to work on achievements for the Meta? Get your votes in now!

Raid News

We have been kicking butt and taking names man! Another great Tuesday where we got decently far in for just one night of raiding. Don't forget that Thursday's are now Heroic...so make sure you are signed up for raids and log in on time. 

Also, remember if your sign up status changes, please update it :D it makes my life much easier. 

Be sure to look again at those last few fights to get reacquainted before we do them again this week. 

Reminders

~I before E except after C.....and all those damn other times *sigh* English is hard y'all~

Jump to: