Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 239

Welcome to the 239th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! Alas, with the writing of this Newsletter means another week has come and gone. And THAT means Burning Crusade Timewalking is over and done with and we are one week closer to the end of summer. Sheesh, the bringer of bad news I am today! Don't kill the messenger *hides*. 

Maybe I can placate you by introducing you to these adorable user created artworks that wowhead spotlighted this past week. They were created by an artist named Cally Kari Shokka and she creates Puff Puggels...which...yeah just go look at them. Plus, you can enter to win a rocket one >.< woot woot! 

I also wanted to give a shout-out thank you to Eula who posted this link to a list of helpful guides for class hall champions. If you have been struggling to check out which champions to activate/deactivate you an check it out and look it over. And, if you are one who like to look ahead to the future and is into all that 7.3 business and might want to start planning champion stuff now, you can look at this post by wowhead about some new things and changes to champions for 7.3.

Lastly, for those who love lore...or those who just want to know a bit more about what be going down right now in game check out this great lore post about Velen and Kiljaeden.

And, lastly, Kataniya shared an awesome website (which, yes, I was unaware of because I apparently live under a rock). The website (simplearmory.com/#/) is awesome. I finally got time to poke around on there and omg I think I am in love. There is a wonderful Progress Overview page, and then you can look at your achievements, pets, mounts (and so much more). AND it organizes by expansion, I dunno I thought it was awesome. PLUS my favorite feature is the "calendar" you can see a date by date layout of when you got achievements! It was the best!

Promotions

Thraxxia (aka Ghr) has been promoted to Senior Member

Munsy has been promoted to Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Celadrithien

Cela is always willing to help out, group up, and smash shit! This week she was nominated for helping a guildie finish up their timewalking dungeons at the final hour! Which, not only did they appreciate, but so did I since that allowed me to rest my shoulder. We love all that you do for the guild Cela--even if you are having fun while doing it. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Congratulations are in order this week for Celadrithien and Elenntari! They were keenly aware that it was Acidblackz who said "Thank me! Jeeves just does my bidding!" We're on a roll, maybe that means we will make it another week with guessers! Take a stab at who said this one (it was also said this past week)...

"Face it...we're a box of puppies!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Nalik won 1237 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Order of the Minstrels

Cornick!

Congratulations are in order for Cornick, who is our newest member to be inducted into the Order of the Minstrels. He wrote a parody this past week entitled "Run DF to Level" inspired by Van Halen's Running with the Devil, which you should totally check out.

The Order of the Minstrels is one of the Orders of Reciprocity. This Order is dedicated to the witty and lyrical manifestation of our awesomeness through song. Any guild member who has contributed to a parody is entitled to join this order. To check out the contributors and their works check out the official Order of the Minstrels page. And, if you want to look at all the songs, check them all out at the main Reciprocity Raid Tunes page.   

July Mat Battle

The battle of July continues in this third week of July--so keep 'em coming for your chance to win a prize from the prize vault. This week's bonus items are Lavish Suramar Feasts (and any of their components) plus Dreamleaf!

Remember that you still want to be sending all your donation items to Rhodaria this week because Bee is still out of town!

Raid News

Another week of raiding down and we are that much closer to having that twitty face Kiljaeden down. We just need to polish up that last phase and up the dps just a tish and he shall be our loot pinata! Don't forget you can look up class specific tips, rewatch videos etc. to polish up those last few things. 

I did find this comic incredibly amusing this past week:

And may I just say that is why we have no bench! YOU ALL MUST SUFFER TOGETHER! MWAHAHAHA >.> I mean I love you all <3

We also had a BLAST on Friday with BC Timewalking in Black Temple...sadly the time got the better of us and we wrongly thought we could go back so Illidan got a reprieve until next time--but worry not we will be back for him. I, for one, had a great time with everyone and loved that we got to bring along a few people who don't typically get to raid with us. 

Reminders

~Coming Soon: Order of the Fuzzbutts~

~Still have a spot open for both the mount and pet runs~

Jump to: