Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 257 & 258

Welcome to the 257th & 258th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! I hope you are all more excited for the opening of Antorus, the Burning Thorne than that cardboard throne--cause I know I am!! *dances about with joy. I just absolutely love new raids. I enjoy the process of learning new fights together as a team. Just as we welcome a new raid today, we also welcome a new guildie! Give a warm Reciprocity welcome to Fortunatis. 

Also, while I know most of you have already been out and about to enjoy the 13th anniversary of WoW (it was mostly me who was late to the party) if you missed it you still have one day left to catch it! You can try your hand at obtaining some of the unique transmog items from the brought back world bosses (which drops some nice high level loot) or buy the time limited timewarped badge items.

Also, don't forget that the Darkmoon Faire begins again this weekend if you are looking for the delicious rep and xp buff for you and/or your alts. 

Let's see what else is a shaking...

Guildie of the Week

Dancingbee

Bee was nominated for just having a general all around wonderful demeanor that always makes everyone smile (and for being a badass-non-wimp) also for being willing to not back down from the last minute switch from melee to ranged during the almost last night of Avatar challenge. We thank you Bee!

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

I am so sad no one guessed my holiday themed quote from last time. I am da sneaky! It was Cantique who said "Raids are like holiday dinners...eating, eating, eating, eating." Maybe you can guess this weeks. It seems to fit well. I know this was from a while ago, but it was one of my favorite quotes ever from Tomb. Which of your guildies said:

"This fight is like eating poop!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Elenntari won 438 gold

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Order of the Bard

I am very happy to announce that Cantique was nice enough to post two more of her stories for us. This past week she posted both Everything is Still the Same and Changing Seasons. Be sure to check them out. And, if you want to look at her list of accomplishments be sure to check out the main Order of the Bard page

The Order of the Bard is one of the Orders of Reciprocity. This order recognizes our creative guild mates. Anyone who has penned an RP story is entitled to join this order. To check out the contributors and their works check out the official Order of the Bard page. And, if you want to read all the excellent stories check out the Role-Playing Forum 

Mat Battle

We could use bacon! So much bacon! If you have cooking and can spare some time to do world quests every few days please do and send those bacons to Dancingbee. with the new raid we will be going through a fair number of feasts so bacon will be a must. Also, prepots! If you have an alchemist and can make prepots! (and as always stuff for flasks and feasts or gems)

Raid News

Obviously the biggest news is that the new raid came out! So, make sure that you are checking yourself regularly for gems, and enchants. Then, make sure that you are signing up for raids please. 

I will be trying to write up some more detailed raid info in the next week or so, but in the meantime, here is the short and quick of it: We will be going back to our policy of only having people join the raid at the start of raid and at half time. I know this can be a little in convenient at time for individuals, but it will be better for the raid team as a whole because it will cut down on the time spent explaining new bosses and minimize the time spent having to adjust to changes from the boss changing from group changes. 

Don't forget to be doing mythic+s when possible and be doing AP when possible as every lit bit will help (especially when it comes to heroic). 

I should also have raids for December posted soon so keep your eyes open.  

Secret Grandfather Winter

We have a yearly in game secret gift exchange between guildies. It is super simple and super fun. I will post the official sign up instructions this week but the basics are you either say you want to play by responding to the soon to be posted forum post or send rho an in game mail  by a specified date (to be determined soon) and then you will be given a survey to be filled out and returned to rho. You will then revceive a mail with a secret guild member and  copy of their survey. You then get a week or two (depending on how quickly rho gets her shit together--but since it isn't even technically December yet I am hopeful) to decide on what you want to do for your secret guild member. What you do it entirely up to you. Some people just pick items off the AH, some people come up with secret scavenger hunts, some people create holiday themed treats it is entirely up to you and your creativty (or lack thereof. 

So, Keep an eye out and I will be posting the official thread soon

Guild Anniversary Week

That's right it's that time again--well technically we had our anniversary, we just never celebrate it ON our anniversary because it is at a terrible time to get everyone together. So, block it off on your calendars, because we are planning the have the guild anniversary week during the very first week of the year (Aprox January 1st to the 7th) More details to come soon!

Reminders

~Swirlies EVERYONE in one~

Jump to: