Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 287

Welcome to the 287th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! If you can believe it we are already approach the middle of June! I realized--well or rather remembered a very interesting linguistic lesson this past week during raiding--that words can carry very different emotional prosody if you will. This is how you can carry on a conversation with a single word, right? because our tone and tempo convey more meaning than just the word alone. I was reminded of all of this during this hilarious exchange be some guildies during raid. During said encounter guildie one starts with I need help with my pally I am not very good at her yet. Second guildie responds with really? With this great tone full of perplexment (yep that is a word I just made up) and like WTF like really dude? Now, bad raid leader over here jokes pretty sure pally just implied they just roll their faces over the keyboard why you strugglebussing so much guildie 1? Guildie 2 (horrribly emarrassed) swears up and down a grandfather clock they meant it like really? I am confused because you are such a competent player I don't understand why you would have trouble with that because I worship the ground you walk on! [Now you will note both of those things do imply bewilderment as an emotional state]. Fast forward to 30-60 minutes later in the raid when guildie 3 asks a question about a new computer setup for guildie 1 and goes really?! Capturing the emotional tambre of a question and drool simultaneously. And that is how I was reminded of linguistics in the middle of Argus. Thus concludes your useless piece of information for today. 

In wow news, I would like to remind people that we do have Lost Mail available for individuals who would like to start the questline and work on the super awesome funtimes Mail Room Mini Game (Toy & Pet as prizes when you reach certain levels). All that we ask is that when you reach the level that gives you the quest reward you return it so we can keep sending it around to those who are interested. Please send Rho an in-game mail if you are interested. 

Also, if you haven't already gone through the trouble and hard work of obtaining some sort of water mount a little bird informed me this is something you may want to do before Battle for Azeroth as there is a lot of water in some of these zones and a water mount can make for some good short cuts (particularly before flying--which we will ALL soon be back to).

If you wanted to engage in a little bit of friendly rivalry about your death toll you can add the addon "Exalted with the Floor" to your game and compete with your guildies (or at least Chaeni and I) to see who can get exalted with the floor first!

Lastly, if you have alts...please make sure you have logged into them recently. If they have been afk for longer than 3-6 months they will be removed from the guild at the end of next week (6/25). Remember that if you want alts reinvited just ask an officer.  

Shall we see what was left in the guild after the murderous rampage that was the roster getting cleaned up?

Promotions

Aleme has been promoted to Junior Member

Darkregret has been promoted to Junior Member

Markossa has been promoted to Junior Member

Fimley has been promoted to Honored Member

Gravedancer has been promoted to Honored Member

Horsemeat has been promoted to Honored Member

Olanyr has been promoted to Honored Member

Alexplosion has been promoted to Senior Member

Baalance has been promoted to Senior Member

Nalik has been promoted to Senior Member

Pyrolux has been promoted to Senior Member

Coaxxe has been promoted to Veteran Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Cindeelouwho

Rhodaria (by fear of the consequences)

Cindeelouwho was nominated this past week for taking on the big job of helping Rho straighten out the guild roster in Evon's absence. (I mean she also wanted to do something to keep herself busy so really who was helping who here?) Needless to say it was a giant help to Rho and to the guild who has been basically promotionless for months now.

Rho was nominated twice now and I didn't include it last week and was then threatened with bodily harm if I didn't include it. Gotta love our guildies right :D I feel so loved

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Funny thing, no one has guessed (even after ALL these weeks that it was Whithers who said "Can you cover that check the mouth is writing?" To me the real question, however, is can you guess this super fresh, supers smooth, super sassy quote from just this week? It is a goodie!

"Sideways shit makes a dirty bathroom"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Celadrithien won 500 gold  

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here. 

Guild Bank

BLOOD! I want your blood, I need your blood...that got weird didn't it >.> <.< Leyblood that is. We need lots of leyblood for feasts. Leyblood and gamy ribs are relatively easy to farm up (or you can always use bloods or the AH). If you are of the fishier persuasion my love and affection can be won with highmountain salmon, barracuda and stormrays. In the botanical section we would happily accept all donations but dreamleaf and starlight rose is really what gets are stamens all a glow. 

Please remember to send donations to Dancingbee to be counted in our monthly MatBattle otherwise toss em in the guild bank! 

Raid News

End of expansion raiding can be tiresome and frustrating--I know. But overall, we are making progress on that pest Argus. As a guild (and a raid team) one of our best qualities is perseverance. As such, I have no doubt we will get it eventually. That said there are some things that will help us move towards our goal faster. The number one thing is consistency. The more frequently (life permitting I know) you can come and therefor the more regular our groups can be the more successful we will be. When the group composition, size, or balance changes we have to adjust and that takes time. So the less change the better. To that end we are investigating the possibilities of changing around some of the raid nights. Nothing will change with Tuesday or Thursday as these two nights seem pretty solid and we have good consistent groups these nights. But we might drop/change/move Monday/Friday in favor of a Wednesday or a Weekend. If you have thoughts please weight in or it is possible we will be reaching out to you in game in the coming days.  Other helpful things, of course, are making sure you are gemmed and enchanted. Have a look over our raid logs they can be found here. Even if you don't know how to read logs well I HIGHLY recommend looking over the replay feature (the one I linked here just hit play bottom left) they have it really lets you look back on your position for the fights. Go back and look over strat videos again. I will also be posting some more pictures/descriptions that might be useful tomorrow to look over.

Lastly, June raids are still looking a wee bit sparse in sign ups. So please sign up if you can attend. We are the most successful when we work together. Thanks for making this guild and our raids a great place to be. 

Reminders

~Log in your alts!~

~The early worm gets eaten~

Jump to: