Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 304-306

Welcome to the 304th-306th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this edition of the newsletter! Whoooosshh! Did you see that? No? That was October whipping by at lightning speed. Can you believe it? October is almost over? Which means Blizzcon is just around the corner...Which is a little bittersweet I know for some of us who are severely disappointed at this year's rewards. But there is likely to be some fun stuff to watch/hear and learn. We will just have to wait and see. If you want to look at some of the finer details you can always look at the wowhead guide to blizzcon or check out the schedule. Plus, if you buy the blizzcon virtual ticket you can download and play the Classic demo--if you're into that kind of thing. Honest--wowhead says so

Now, before I get too carried away, I should slow down, pause, and remember to welcome back Mazorlion/Tyradar. AND to welcome our newest guildie: Thashala! Be sure to give them a nice warm Reciprocity welcome.  

Two pieces of very very very time-sensitive information (you know cause I missed last week's newsletter). First, there is still a day and a half to finish up your Hallow's End business. They added one new toy this year: Headless Horseman Hearthstone toy, plus if you were a scrub like me you may have missed the items that were new last year. Read all about it in the Hallow's End Guide. Second, we have about 2 days left before the warfronts swap over again. So if you haven't done your quests for war resources/gear or haven't done your rare hunting--get thee to it!

Next, in case you were distressed by the lack of useful guides and cool features in the last few weeks. I want to remind people about wowhead's Island Expedition Guide--which is helpful if you are looking to farm up the mounts, pets, mogs and more. Additionally, the awesome tracking features from wowhead got revamped and now also track Loremaster Progress!

Lastly, if you are a person who likes to be cutting edge--ok I lie if you are cutting edge you already know this--if you're a person who likes to know about things before they happen but you don't have the drive to go look everything up on your own...there are two interesting tidbits of what we can look forward to in Patch 8.1:Tides of Vengeance. There will be several new types of currency vendors. Including a warfront currency that we can use to buy things like mogs, pets and mounts and a mythic+ currency where you can buy azerite armor.

Oh--yeah...also the Darkmoon Faire starts again on Sunday if you are looking for extra experience or rep boosts. 

Okay, now lets see what else is a happening. 

Guildie of the Week

Seeing as we missed a few weeks it will let me catch up on all of these nominations I missed. Congratulations to our newest round of Guildies of the Week: 

Marky

Danidesol

Rhodaria

Marky was nominated for "being awesome" and "always helping" a guildie. I know it is rough being awesome, but we appreciate your sacrifice.

Danidelsol was nominated this past week for immediately jumping up and helping a brand new 120 and returning guild member gear up in mythics. Not only did that guildie deeply appreciate the help, but so do I as I have not had nearly as much time as I would like to help people out so far this expansion.  

Lastly, a wonderfully sweet guildie insisted I add myself to this list. Thank you for making me feel special and appreciated. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

We have a CRAZY twist and development! This is liek the first tiem...EVER...that the guess your guildie quote person actually remembered (or guessed) that they said the quote! I seriously may fall over from surprise. But, Balance (aka Mugglle) is the first to accomplish this grand feat!. Now, can you guess this juicy great one?

"Coroc sounds like a fried bologna sandwich!"

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Mordraug won 1637 gold

Don't forget to submit your entries to Rho with an in-game mail. Don't wanna miss out on the gold you need for that brontosaurus mount! 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

A reminder that while loads of different mats are still useful, what we are hurting on and in need of the most is: Anchor WeedBriny FleshTiragarde PerchSand Shifter, & Veiled Crystals. Bonus points towards the monthly Mat Battle will be given for supplying these items. 

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Raiding

We did it! We made it through the wall that was Zul! Yee-haw as they say. Raids for November are posted. Please be sure to sign up for the raids you plan to attend. It is really helpful when I know who is coming and can plan a successful group not at the last minute.

Remember to be working on your gear outside of raids as well. Whether that is LFR, mythic+s etc. Every little bit helps. If you were on a mythic+ group and it fell apart and you want to try and set up a new one, let me know and I will do my best to piece together new groups.If you are new the raid team and want to consider doing them--also let me know.  

Let's kick some MORE ass this week!

Fifth Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest

This is your last chance to get your entries in for the wonderful yearly competition where guildies show off their (and their families) skills. To have your entry considered. Just submit a picture of your pumpkin to the Official Thread by the end of October 31st (you can read the instructions and see previous years creations as well). Come November I will create a poll where people can vote for their favorite creations--and the winners will earn great prizes. 

Reminders

~Guild World Boss TONIGHT (Tuesday) after raid~

~Sign up for Raids!~

~Last chance to submit your pumpkin creations!~ 

Jump to: