Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 307-309

Welcome to the 307th-309th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this edition of the newsletter! I would like to kick this newsletter off with a bang by welcoming a handful of new guildies! Yippie! Give a warm Reciprocity welcome to Treran, Espurr, Belndorn and Dracion who joined us from The Silent Fury.  Welcome!

The biggest news, of course, is that we are currently celebrating wow's 14th Anniversary! New this year are the Overtuned Corgi Goggles, which you can buy for 200 Timewarped Badges. Additionally, there is the wonderful gift package you get in your mail, which gives you an item to increase rep and experience (just don't forget to actually use it). Lastly...and pay attention here ladies and gentlemen...there is a neat little trick a clever guildie told me for those of us alts (it is a particularly nice trick for those of us who don't play them). The daily quest in Library of Stormwind Keep to answer a lore question will generate a decent chunk of xp and gold. Do the questions everyday and you can earn close to 1k gold per toon (if they were at least 110--gold rewards scale of course). And, of course, I would be remiss if I didn't also remind you that Pilgrim's Bounty is back as well. Now, it doesn't look like there are any updated things this year but if you missing achievements etc. get on it!

It is also that time of year...that time where Blizzard simultaneously does something good by raising money for charities, but teases me with new shinies to spend money on. There is a new pet in the pet store, the Whomper. It's cute isn't it? And, all the proceeds go to code.org, which helps young girls (and more) get experience and learn coding. 

In the what to look forward to news, it was announced at Blizzcon that Patch 8.1 will be coming on Dec 11th. So, if you are one of those people that eagerly awaits new things (not cowers in the corner at change like Rho)--it is time to celebrate and wait patiently for December.  Additionally, (again annoucned at blixxcon, and my coverage is so far behind most of you know--but for those who don't follow stuff) there are some cool looking things coming in 8.1.5. Including a new rollercoaster at the Darkmoon Faire, new portal rooms and so much more. Read about it over here

Okay, and last, but not least. I know I saw someone asking in guild a week or more ago about battle pets this expac. So here is a great guide on battle pets from BfA. Additionally, a guildie tested out some battle strategies for the new BfA world quests and it appears (at least so far) that you can do them with a team of level 1 pets, they just scale down. Now, the caveat is that they all have to be the same level or it doesn't scale well and your tiny pets will get smuushed, but if you have good pets, but they aren't leveled that might be the way to go. 

Okay, now lets see what else is a happening. 

Guildie of the Week

This time around we are celebtating a wonderful guildie that needs some serious recognition for the work he has done for the guild lately. Congratulations:

Surdor

Surdor has been providing about 80-90% of the fish and materials required for feats in the last several weeks. I can not even begin to tell you how grateful I am to not spend hours of my limited playtime fishing in order to make feasts for raids. Know that you are deeply appreciated, and have sincerely helped make life easier for your guildies.

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

I am so beyond sad that no one remembered that it was Cantique who coined my new favorite saying: "Coroc sounds like a fried bologna sandwich!" Now, the new quote to slueth out this week was said for the first time several weeks ago---but I know it has been repeated several times now...can you guess what guildie frequently utters this curse?

"You Stupid Pink Cat!"

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Shadew won 1637 gold

Don't forget to submit your entries to Rho with an in-game mail. Don't wanna miss out on the gold you need for that brontosaurus mount! 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

A reminder that while loads of different mats are still useful, what we are hurting on and in need of the most is: Anchor WeedBriny FleshThick Paleo SteaksSand Shifter, & Veiled Crystals. Bonus points towards the monthly Mat Battle will be given for supplying these items. 

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Raiding

We did it! Celebrations are indeed in order here. We got our first G'huun kill this past week. Many congratulations are in order and a giant thank you to all the hard work that was put in. 

Remember to be working on your gear outside of raids as well. Whether that is LFR, mythic+s etc. Every little bit helps. If you were on a mythic+ group and it fell apart and you want to try and set up a new one, let me know and I will do my best to piece together new groups.If you are new the raid team and want to consider doing them--also let me know.  

Also, remember that this week's raiding schedule is a bit weird due to American Thanksgiving. So we have a make-up raid on Wednesday and no raid on Thursday this week. 

Lastly, raids are posted for December so sign up! I know this last month was a little all over the place with what we were actually raiding. But I have updated the descriptions for each raid and they should reflect what we are actually planning to do.  If you have questions, let me know. 

Let's kick some MORE ass this week!

Reminders

~Guild World Boss TONIGHT (Tuesday) after raid~

~Sign up for Raids!~

~Don't forget your celebration packages~

Jump to: