Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker Week 216 & 217

Welcome to the 216th & 217th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! We're kicking this double edition newsletter off with a *cough* and then a great warm welcome (from a distance to not make the wonderful new people sick) to our four new members. Give it up for NalikTogeticPyrolux, and Chelana!

Don't forget Love is in the Air is still in full swing this week so get out there and Spread the Love! Also, we are back to Timewalking this week...Cata Timewalking to be specific. So grab a friend and run some old content.

And, if that weren't enough fun and shenanigans there is a crossover event going on right now with Heroes of the Storm right now where you can earn a Primal Flamesaber mount for playing 15 games as a Warcraft hero while grouped with a friend. I think we will get some groups together, so if you are interested, respond to the newsletter on the website or on the facebook post.  Also there is a good beginner's guide with some tips you can check out if you haven't played HotS before. 

Also a big congratulations and good luck to Celadrithien on her role in the Vagina Monologues which debuted this week. 

Stay tuned, there's more in here

Promotions

Huckleberri has been promoted to Veteran Member

Tsuguru has been promoted to Honored Member

Galwin has been promoted to Member

Mertunala has been promoted to Member

Assaberine has been promoted to Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Guildie of the Week

Week 216 Eldios

Week 217 Evon

Weeks of the Es! And what great Es they are hehe. Eldios was nominated for ferocity and bravery in the face of the unknown and he so valiantly took on tanking for us for the first time with no notice two weeks ago. And Evon was nominated for always being there to pick up the slack when the rest of us are failing to pull our weight. Most people don't know all she does to keep the guild running like a well oiled machine, but it is amazing. Thank you to both of you. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

So, it may have been more than a week ago, but apparently no one remembered that it was Elenntari who thought that "Huck tastes like berries" and OMG I just got that as I was typing it this time *head desk* what a scrub nub Rho! Well, maybe I can redeem myself with this week's guess your guildmate quote. This one is a two-fer. 100 gold if you can guess half of the answer, 1000 if you can guess both parts correctly. 

Person A: "I can leap! I can prance!"

Person B: "I can see Will's underpants!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Rimupanda won 1600 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here. 

Guild Bank

We are finally implementing our mat donation groups! There are five different groups that you can be a part of and they are listed below. Here is how it works:

Each month you join the mat donation group of your choice by either declaring your allegiance in an in game mail to that groups leader OR by sending a donation to that group's leader. Each donation you send will be recorded by the group leader and sent to the crafter in charge of that profession or placed in the guild bank for later use. Note that you are welcome to also put your donations in the guild bank directly, but the logs in the guild bank aren't stored for long so they might get lost. So to guarantee your donations are tracked, I recommend you use the mail system. 

Each month (from the 1st to the end of the month) there will be a competition between donation groups for the most items donated. The donation group with the most items donated will win and the player with the most items donated will win an item of their choice out of the guild vault. Note that you are welcome to donate to multiple groups as well. 

Available Donation Groups & Group Leaders:

1. Ore & Gems: Rhodaria
2. Herbs, Flasks, & Pigments: Offthechaeni
3. Enchanting materials & items to disenchant: Whithers
4. Fish, meat, & cooking supplies: Evon
5. Gold: Rhodaria

If you have questions about this process, let me know.

Raid News

Two great weeks of progress in Nighthold. We finally got Aluriel under control and have successful got her near farm I would say (at least when Rho's computer doesn't spaz out and kill people right away). And Krosus continues to treat us quite well. 

We are looking forward to getting High Botanist and Star Augur under our belts this week and giving Heroic another go as well. We made good progress on our first heroic attempt this past week, but need to refine some mechanics before it will be successful. 

A reminder that we are requiring people sign up for raids. I am posting our rosters approximately 24 hours ahead of time. This allows up to maintain group balance and make sure we have enough tanks and healers for our group size. Remember that you can always sign up as tentative if you are not sure you can come--this at least lets me know you are hopeful you will be able to come (you can always adjust your signup status when you know more. Lastly, if you suddenly become available at the last moment, I will do my best to accommodate and include you in the raids, but there are no guarantees.  

One last reminder, if you are desperately wanting to switch mains for raids, please speak with Rhodaria. 

Reminders

~Poopy Fart Finger is the new cool slang~

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker Week 216 & 217

Cindee was smart and started a forum thread here for those interested in setting up groups for the heroes of the storm promotion. 

re: Declaring team (Dis)Enchanting(s)

Yea, What the title says! image I'll join the Enchanting mats team.

Jump to: