Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 233 and 234

Welcome to the 233rd and 234th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! And with it comes the great, the almighty, the way too fast (okay, maybe just for me who feels constantly steam rolled by the speed of patch releases this time around) patch 7.2.5! *trumpets* 

That's right guildies, patch 7.2.5 releases today and there are a ton of things to look forward to (or dread--if like me, you have an irrational fear of change). There are new class changes, new legendaries, new heirlooms, a deaths of Chromie scenario, a new battle pet dungeon, and much more. There are, of course, the Official Patch Notes--if you know, you're into that type of thing. And, Wowhead (as always) has a great 7.2.5 Survival Guide, which I highly recommend you check out if you want to learn about all the ins and outs of the new patch. 

And, if you're more of a video type person, or you just love Panzer she has her 7.2.5 video up now was well and you can check that out below.

And the beloved Taliesin and Evitel have theirs up as well. 

Let's get on to what's up in da guild next.

Promotions

Studd has been promoted to Senior Member

Wartex has been promoted to Honored Member

How do you get promoted? Guild promotions are based on your join date.  In order to claim your rank there are two requirements: 1)You must claim your characters by signing up on the guild website and 2) Have an authenticator attached to your account.  For more information, please click here.

Weekly Challenges

Seeing as how no one nominated anyone for guildie of the week I deem you all great guildies of the week! But like, maybe nominate someone next week ^.~ Aaaaannnd, because no one sent me any dungeons you completed I don't have those either... so all you have is the Guess your Guildmate challenge. So... I ask again (c'mon take your best shot)... who said:

"Well that's some kama sutra shit"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Mat Battles

The tallies are in the winners from the month of May are Shero for the highest points in the winning category and Galfin for the diversity of donations. Congratulations and thank you for your donations!

The battle rages on for June and the bonus items for this week are: Fjarnskaggl, Dreamleaf, Fox Flower, and Starlight Rose. 

Be sure to send your donations to Dancingbee to get your points counted. 

The Hall of Fame is a section of our Scroll of Recognition. It recognizes those guild mates who have gone through the long and arduous road of obtaining a legendary item. To view the grand accomplishments (and the shinies) of your fellow guildmates check out the Hall of Fame Gallery.

Hat Fancier's Society

Zempat (aka Maggy)

Congratulations are in order for Zempat who has now been properly (re) inducted into the Hat Fancier's Society for sporting this magnificent hat. 

Remember, that we talked all about the HFS in last week's newsletter and you can read all about there or by visiting the HFS Application page

The Hat Fancier's Society is one of the Orders of Reciprocity. Here we recognizes all of those guild members who love to don the fanciest of hats. To check out all the strange fashion choices and see the details on how to join check out the official Hat Fancier's page.  

Orders of Reciprocity

This week's featured Order of Reciprocity is the Hell's Biscuits! The Hell's Biscuits was created as a way to throw a little bit of RP and mog fun into our daily WoW lives. Anyone with a motorcycle (mount) of any kind may apply to be a member of the Hell's Biscuits. 

In order to apply, you must first come up with a transmog and a biker name. Then, you must take a screen shot of yourself in said mog with the bike and post it to the forums here

After that, you can be inducted into the ranks of Hell's Biscuits. It's mostly bragging rights (to be honest), but we have tossed around the idea of holding an RP event now and again to go driving around Stormwind and markin' our turf. 

So, if you've got a chopper--get to designing yourself a mog and a title. If you don't have a chopper, fear not. We can help you acquire one, just ask how and we can help out. 

Looking forward to seeing some more members here soon. Vroom Vroom!

And, if you haven't check out the awesome personas your guildies have created by visiting the main featured Hell's Biscuits page

Raid News

What raid team is the baddest bad-asses in the land? That's right! We are! In case you missed it, in the last two weeks we downed both heroic Elisande and Heroic Gul'dan as a guild. It was great fun and a great challenge. 

We eventually figured out those pesky balls on Elisande, and just ignore the fact that we were all mostly dead here...

And then after only about a week of working on Heroic Gul'dan we laid him to rest in pieces as well. This is the kind of thing I absolutely love about raiding in a guild, team work that eventually pays off when we down the last boss of a raid together. I really hope you are all as proud of yourselves as I am of all of us. 

And, of course, a big thank you to Munsy for capturing our heroic moments. 

Now, Tomb of Sargeras is supposed to come out on the 20th. That is next Tuesday. We are planning to raid tonight for sure because we want to try and get another Gul'dan kill for the handful of people who worked on him with us and missed it last week. Plus, with the class changes raiding this week is a great opportunity to work out the kinks in our classes before we jump into Tomb next week. So, be sure to sign up please so I don't have to cancel raids. Help your friends kill Gul'dan and practice the changes. Go Team go!

I also, haven't quite managed to change the in-game calendar as I haven't logged in yet today, but I will as soon as I can. The plan moving forward once Tomb goes out it to completely transition to raiding in tomb. We will start on Normal, and as soon as we are able split between normal and heroic. So, keep your eyes on the in-game calendar for exactly what we will be doing each night. 

Reminders

~Check that your addons are up to date~

Coming Soon

~Legacy Raid Achievement Runs: Details in Next Newsletter~

Jump to: