Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 238

Welcome to the 238th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! Annnd to a new Timewalking week as well! We are locomoting back in time to The Burning Crusade this week. So, be sure to grab your weekly quest from Archmage Timear in Dalaran or the Adventure Guide. You earn a loot box, AP and even an extra seal! Also, if you haven't noticed there is an event on the in-game calendar for Friday (this week) at 9:30 pm Server to do the Timewalking Black Temple Raid!! So, sign up now! My assumption is that it is like all other timewalking stuff, which means you can come on any toon at is (gearedish) and at least level 70. Sign ups preferred on the toon you want to bring (but not required) but do please sign up so I know if we are going to have enough people. 

Also, because we were talking about it this past week and some of you didn't know about it. I wanted to show you all this wonderful and lovely cookbook! The World of Warcraft Cookbook! That's right, they took recipes from wow and made them into real life, cook-able (and delicious) food. Galfin was discussing the tastiness of the Firecracker Salmon I believe the other night and they even have drink recipes!

You can get it from the Blizzard Gear Store, and I think you can also find it on Amazon. 

Lastly, I just wanted to share this one little tidbit of awesomeness I learned recently. Now, most of you probably already know this...but if you are one of the few people who are slow to see new features like me (I swear my brain process out so much information I don't want it to), then you might have missed it. Apparently, when you open up your spellbook, the items you don't have on your bars are highlighted so you can see what you don't have on your bars! Can you believe it?! I thought it was incredibly cool and super useful so wanted to share it with all of you. 

Okay, shall we see what else is a-happening?

Wait....I almost forgot....whoooooo was it? Who filled up my mailbox with rocks? I am sure it was funny and all that, but I swear I am still finding pebbles in my shoes!

Okay...now, back to the newsletter.

Guildie of the Week

Nalik

Nalik was nominated this week for always being willing to help out guildies and make them smile. Not only did he surprise a guildie with an awesome present that made their day, but he offered to help tank and gear up an up and coming raider! We appreciate all that you do.  

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Dang it guys and gals I am so disappointed no one remembered that it was our beloved Baalance who said "We need to cross our Ts and dot our lowercase Js." It cracked me up so hard at the time. Okay, this one is from just this last week, I promise! Can you remember who said...

"Thank me! Jeeves just does my bidding!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Elenntari won 1600 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Orders of Reciprocity

We are interrupting this weekly report and reminder of our various Orders of Reciprocity, because--as promised--I finished my parody video! Now, I feel a little disappointed in myself that it had been over a year since my last one...I am going to have to not let that happen again. This was inspired by our lovely new friend Maiden of Guitar Hero in Tomb of Sargeras, because I couldn't stop singing the one line over and over again every time we did this fight. I hope you enjoy....yes I am very strange. I give you... Felhammer! Another notch in the Order of the Minstrels belt for Rho >.<

Guild Bank

Congratulations are in order for Dancingbee and Whithers! Dancingbee won the across all categories while Whithers won the most items donated in the winning category! Don't forget that the July Mat Battle is in full swing and we've got quite the competition going...this week's bonus items are Eye of Prophecy, Hungry Magister food (and it's materials), and Aethril and Dreamleaf. 

ALSO, there is a wee bit of a change for the next week and a half. Dancingbee will be out of town for the next week and a half, so through July 24th until July 25th please send all of your mat battle submissions to Rhodaria! Don't worry, if you forget and they get sent to Bee she will enter them when she gets back and all your points will still get counted. It's just this way we still have access to the majority of the mats. 

Raid News

Please make sure you are signing up for raids!! If your sign up status changes (in either direction) please let me know so I can make adjustments to the group. If you need my facebook info, or cell number etc. just let me know. Otherwise you can always send me an in-game mail or leave a message in discord. 

Remember that we are currently using our Thursdays as our Heroic night and will be adding a second night soon. So keep an eye on the calendar!

Reminders about Fun Things! 

First and foremost, remember that we have a Legacy Fun Night scheduled for Friday July 21st at 9:30 pm Server Time. We are going to be doing Hellfire Citadel (Warlords), but right now it is tied between whether we do Mythic or achievements for the meta...so get your vote in now.

Second, hopefully people remember the things I posted last week, but I wanted to ask once more just to make sure I wasn't leaving anyone out! Let me know (via some form of written communication) if you are interested in any of the following:

1) Return to Kara Speed Run for Smoldering Ember Wyrm Mount

2) Achievement [Poor Unfortunate Souls], which earns you a pet: Lagan

3) [Herald of the Titans]

Do you need to purchase any?

Lastly, the guild has gotten in touch with a pack-rat of sorts, who is a friend of a guildie who has a bunch of materials they don't need and is trying to sell them for decent prices. I am already planning to buy some for the guild as raid materials etc, but if you are working on your professions, or want stuff for your own person you might consider purchasing these items. If you are interested let me know.  There is literally no pressure here, just a favor a friend is doing for us, and thought I would spread the word--plus I know I have seen a few of you working on leveling those pesky professions. 

-Stat Food 20-40 gold per item (400-800g per stack of 20) depending on the food
-Infernal Brimstone 50 gold per item
-Felhide 40 gold per item
-Pandemonite (those are the green big gems) 4000 gold per item
-Eye of Prophecy 400 gold per item
-Obliterum 1200 gold per item
-Bacon 40 gold per item (also has a ton of other cooking materials and I can get specific prices if you want to know them)

Let me know if anyone is interested in these :)

Crafters! Pay Attention!

We are going to be watching for the Nether Disruptor on the Broken Shore, and when it is up next, we are going  to be setting up some group runs to help those crafters who need the dungeons to get the legendary crafting supplies opened up...or whatever nonsense that is (I don't know JC doesn't have any). So, if you still need to do that quest chain keep an eye on discord and the facebook in the coming days. 

Reminders

~An usher is really just a person valet (wise words of a certain demon hunter)~

Jump to: