Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 244

Welcome to the 244th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! Sorry for the lateness of this newsletter we had some spontaneous adventures that delayed the ability to function on Tuesday (also the first day of classes up here). So, you see what happened is this...Elenntari, Chaeni, and Rho are in the the car driving back home after driving down to Bismarck to drop Whithers at the airport (had to be in Texas for a week) when they get a message from Bee asking about whether it was worth it to drive to Wyoming for the eclipse. In the process of talking her through going we had convinced ourselves it would be an awesome experience as well... so 12 hours later Chaeni, Rho and Noinar rolled out of bed at 5 am and hit the road. We even got to meet up with Dancingbee in Wyoming and watched the eclipse together--it was AWESOME! Sadly, it wasn't until we were sitting in the traffic on the way out that we realized we failed to take a picture *sob*. And the big take away from the experience (which was really worth it for me at least) is that the sun is actually really bright...like really bright. But, I won't bore you with all the things I learned or the pictures we took >.> Let's get to the real news of WoW. 

So, I am sure most of you have already heard the biggest of blizzard news...Patch 7.3 comes to us next week. Which, is exciting in many ways, less so if you hate change--but we'll ignore my crazy for now. In all honesty it looks awesome and even if I am not excited, I am excited. So, if you want to maximize what you can do to prepare in the next few days, here is a Preparation Guide by Wowhead. And if you want to check out the actual patch notes, those are over here. And for all of our battle pet lovers out there, be sure to check out this article on the battle pet updates. 

Also, people are excited about how alt-friendly 7.3 is going to be, which for many of you will be a good thing! My wonderful guild of alt-a-holics *grins* now, there is also a new wowhead feature where you can check your legion attunements and requirements. You can check it out here

A Note from your Roster Officer

Be sure to log into your alts! (Lots of alts are not being logged into.) Remember that those alts that are not logged into frequently get removed from the guild after a set period of time. You have until the 28th of August to dust off those alts and log into them to keep them from being removed from the guild. At that time, any alt that has been inactive for 6+ months will be removed. If you want it re-added at a later date we can add it when you want to have that alt active again. 

Guess your Guildmate

Wooooohooooo! We have a winner! Celadrithien was correct...it was Offthechaeni who said "I thought Tickle-Me-Munsy could handle it!" Maybe you also remember this one from just Tuesday night? It was uttered right after explaining why the player might not be able to stay the whole time. 

"I have an interrupt on my sit function"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Rondoh won 937 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Mat Battle

Just a little more time is left to get your donations in for the month of August! This week's bonus items are Lavish Suramar Feasts, as well as any materials to make them. 

Don't forget to send your donations to Dancingbee.

Raid News

As promised, we finally have a poll up to check on people's availability for raids. So, if you could please take a few minutes to completely fill out the survey located here that would be immensely helpful. 

the survey asks for your raid toon, what days you can/can't attend and then to rank which days you like to raid on. As a clarification, those last sets of questions use a 1 to 5 smiley face scale. So, if you really don't want to raid on a given night, you rate that 1 smiley face, and if you want to raid on a night you would give it 5 smiley faces.  

If you have any questions--or any difficulties let me know. 

Reminders

~Fill out the raid survey~

~Don't look directly at the sun~

Jump to: