Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 256

Welcome to the 256th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to the newsletter! A lot has happened...including BlizzCon! I know a few of you had the virtual ticket, and most of you who didn't have probably caught up by now, but just in case...let's recap some of the really cool news!

So, the first bit of news, which I have to say I hope none of you go to full time...was that Blizzard would be launching (at a yet unspecified date) Classic (ish) servers. Here is the awesome cinematic:

Then, we got the piece of news we had all been waiting for! The new WoW expansion! The answer to what will be our new expansion is: Battle for Azeroth. Now, I have personally had some torn feelings about this, but you can't deny there are some badass moves in this here cinematic (although be warned shamans, Baalance has already claimed the role of Zappi Boy)

Now, if you want to know more about what all this entails, you can check out the Features Video:

Complete with two new leveling zones (one for Horde and one for Alliance), new Island adventures, and whatever the heck warfronts are...and perhaps the most talked about between our guildies...allied races! 

In addition to the new expansion, we got some interesting news regarding PvP and Leveling. PvP is now going to be a universal toggle on/off as opposed to different designated realms. And leveling will be revamped to provide much more continuity as you level. I am looking forward to both of these changes (although let's be honest if Rho actually levels another toon it will be a miracle).

Alright, let's see what else is shaking guild wise...

Guildie of the Week

Cantique

Noinar

Cantique was nominated for providing everyone flasks during our timewalking Black Temple raid! We appreciate your generosity (and preparedness).

Noinar was nominated for stepping up to the tanking plate while Whithers has been incapacitated from his arm surgery. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

I am really impressed I stumped people with the last guess your guildmate quote! I figured it was a dead give away. It was Baalance who said "Consuming hunger pretty much sums up my regular Friday night." Maybe you can wrack your brain and figure out this week's quote:

"Raids are like Holiday Dinners...eating, eating, eating, eating!"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

November Mat Battle

The November mat battle is already well underway...but we could really use donations. We are low on pretty much everything (and we should start to stock up for the new raid). So, here is a list of useful items:

Flask (and mats)

Potions of Prolonged Power 

Feasts (and mats)

Pigment (both kinds)

Order of the Bard

I am so excited to announce that we have new content in our Order of the Bard. Not a new member, granted, but Cantique was nice enough to post several of her old RP stories for us! You can check out her updated status on the main Order of the Bard page, or check out each story below...the new additions include:

Cantique and the Tauren

Cantique and the Murloc

Cantique and the Plagueworks

Cantique and Nanaive

Raid News

It is with great pride that we get to announce the guild defeat of Heroic Maiden in Tomb. It was a little rough, since it requires pretty much everyone to be perfect all of the time...but we mashed it out and the kill was beautiful! Go team!

Now, as most of you are aware we are only a few weeks away from the launch of the new raid. We will continue holding the lockout with the hopes of pressing through Fallen Avatar and KJ before then. It will be a challenge, but we can do it! I know at times our progress has felt slow this patch, but given the change up we have had (several times) to our raid roster this raid things are going quite well. 

Once Antorus comes out we will switch over and once again hit the ground running on the new raid. We will start with normal difficulty and swap to doing both within a week or so. In the meantime, make sure we are doing everything we can to be in good shape to start the new raid. Work on AP, run mythic+ for gear etc. If you want or need help just holler. 

Reminders

~Snow is cold...and wet...~

Jump to: