Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 260

Welcome to the 259th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter--and welcome to the start of December and the end of 2017! I for one don't know where the heck this year has gone. So I want to start off this newsletter by telling you about this experience I had this past week. So, I finally feel like I have been able to start getting back into the game a little more seriously--at least to start doing more than just showing up to raids. So I get to start dipping my toes back into my goals, my rep grinds, my achievements, mounts pets--you name it. And one of my long term goals this expansion has been the prestige rewards for PvP because there are all kinds of rewards pets, mounts, toys etc. So, anyway, I was out doing one of the PvP world quests in highmountain (The Darkbrul Arena to be precise) and I jump down off of this bridge and my heart jumps into my throat and I start to panic because not only do I see another player but I see his name... ... ... SPLEENEATER! I Panic and back up a little thinking maybe he won't see me. But I am standing right next to the the objective for the quest. He comes charging towards me--then all of a sudden I see his buddy round the corner--a priest named...Joey? The Juxtaposition between Spleeneater--a darkened, rugged, drink-the-blood-of-your-enemy type and Joey was too much and I started laughing and they killed me. But it was totally worth it. 

In other news, this week's weekly event is Timewalking: Cataclysm. And while I know for many of us Cata dungeons weren't out favorite, it may be worth doing them anyway, the reward is not only AP, but also a Seal of Broken Fate, and a Cache of Antoran Treasures, which I imagine drops normal level loot (aprox 930).

Also, remember the Darkmoon Faire is in town through Saturday, which not only means fun and games, but also gives you the rep and experience buff if you're looking to add a little bit of edge to your grinding experiences this week.  

Guildie of the Week

Celadrithien

Cela is one of the helpiest of helpful people we have in the guild and she really proved it in the past several weeks. She helped me by helping other people gear up and level up and get raid ready when I didn't have the time to do so. We appreciate all you do for those individuals and the guild guild Cela. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Alright, it was in fact Cantique (I know--I know it was her two weeks in a row) who said "This fight is like eating poop!" Now, for this week's challenge...I saved this one up just long enough that none of you would remember it because it was so memorable. So, do you remember which of your ever so witty guildies thought this one up:

"Obviously you didn't see my paper "God Damn it Blizzard" in last month's Journal of Fuckeduppery."

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Cantique won 1438 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

December Mat Battle

Our December Mat Battle is officially underway and our winners for November will be coming soon. Our lowest items in stock include Empyrium (ore), Foxflower, Big Gamy Ribs, and Silver Mackerel. 

Secret Greatfather Winter Event

It's official we are kicking off our yearly Secret Greatfather Winter event (read secret gift exchange). You can read the long post about it over here as well as sign up. It is a total blast and I highly recommend everyone takes part if you have the time and energy. Lets have some fun!  

Guild Anniversary Week

This is a reminder that we have set the dates for our yearly guild anniversary celebration! So mark the dates in your calendars It will be approximately the 1st of January through the 7th with more details to come soon. We typically have all kinds of events and prizes to it should be a good (and lucrative time) for everyone. 

Raid News

First and foremost let's just stop for a minute and say WOAH! That was one heck of a fun first week in Antorus. From downing six bosses on normal to our first heroic kill to just plain having fun learning new fights together I--for one--loved it! 

A few reminders to toss everyone's way as we move forward with raiding the new raid: 

1) We are back to our policy of invites at start time and half time for continuity (I can explain in more detail if you have questions about this policy and why we do it)

2) December raids are posted--please sign up as best you can. I know with the holidays it can be difficult to predict your availability, but it really does help me know who is going to be at raids. 

3) Remember that the more geared, quality checked etc. each of us is the stronger we are as a raid team. So keep running mythic+s, get that AP etc. don't let your main fester because they aren't as fun as all of your alts. I mean don't misunderstand me I don't mean you need to grind every AP quest very day by ANY means. But, do what you can when you can.

4) Remember that you can now upgrade your legendaries to 1000 with the waking essences. 

Also, once school is over I am hoping to go over and update our raiding information etc. So hopefully you can keep an eye out for that info--we will see. 

Reminders

~Sign up for ALL the things, yeah basically that is it~

~Oh, and mark off that first week in January for the FUN times~

Jump to: