Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 288

Welcome to the 288th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to your announcement that it is almost summer and this week's newsletter! Because Summer is almost here (technically starts tomorrow--despite what your ambient temperatures may be telling you) that means the Midsummer Fire Festival will be gearing up Thursday 6/21 at Server Reset throuh 7/5! Now, don't just dismiss this as just another Azerothian holiday--NO! This is your one chance for an entire year to get your one and only Set of Matches. That's right folks... you can set yourself ON FIRE ...for...reasons >.> it is the best! Don't miss out. I am sure wowhead will let out a guide tomorrow so check back. 

In the meantime, of course, we can't forget that it is once again time to walk backwards...no wait I got that wrong. It is backwards time? It is backwalking time? OH timewalking that's right! Cataclysm this time--don't miss yer chance to relive yer glory days inside Grim Butthole--Queue Now!

Next on today's agenda...Lures, particularly of the fishing variety. There are several in the guild bank. If you need any for fishing or the pole, or leveling the pole or whatever please use them, we will be selling them soon, so use em or lose em baby. 

Oh yes, and next. Could Demson, Sunshyne and Waterjugs please report to the principal's office? Or rather, if they belong to you could you please let Rho, Cindee or an officer know? These toons are currently unclaimed and with no notes.  

On a different, but related note, Veteran members as you know you can invite people's alts to the guild. When you do so, please be sure you are putting the person's main in the note when you add the toon to the guild. If you don't know how or aren't sure you did you can always send an in-game mail to an officer and they will fix it. That way we can avoid confusion and the carnage that was wrought this past week ;) 

That concludes this week's public service announcement. Onward to the fun!

Guildie of the Week

Nanaive

Nanaive was nominated this week for her perpetual good attitude. She is always friendly and warm and kind in guild and in raid she keeps a great attitude that keeps the rest of us on track, even when we start to feel down. She helps us remember that it is a game and we are here for each other. You are one of the reasons I keep playing the game said a fellow guildie <3 We love ya Tique. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

We have a wiiiiner we have a wiiiiner *dances about* Congratulations are in order for Dancingbee! She was  able to remember that it was Nanaive (aka Cantique) who made the unique and yet accurate statement that "Sideways shit makes a dirty bathroom." This week's question is, who said this:

"I don't care who I play I just want to push the buttons"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Offthechaeni won 1200 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

We could really use potions of prolonged power and dreamleaf. we could, of course, still use the stuff I mentioned last time (stuff for flasks and feasts) but the potions and dreamleaf are the most important. 

Raid News

We have had a great week in raids. We have had more consistency in our raid teams (and more people showing up)--so thank you so much for that. AND more importantly  (and probably becuase of that) we have made a ton of progress. We are consistently getting to phase two and now intermittently getting to phase 3. At least enough that we are getting to trouble shoot it, which is awesome. It is a really difficult fight, which makes a night of it (much less several in a week) very mentally, physically and emotionally draining. So well done everyone and keep it up we are getting there. 

Make sure you check your gear and if you need gems or enchants let Rho/Whithers etc. know so we can fix ya up before raid time preferably. Don't forget that you can look back at logs or Cela's streams to help troubleshoot what is giving you trouble--OR if that is difficult for you you can ask someone else for help (it really is an acquired skill to be able to figure that out. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what is killing us. 

So, to sum up...WOOT, rah rah, keep kicking ass, RAWR!

Reminders

~While it is true dying to cones do not give you repair bills, I do not recommend translating this to ice cream cones~

Jump to: