Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 296

Welcome to the 296th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to the this (second) edition of this week's newsletter. Okay, I know that doesn't make a lot of sense to people, but I literally worked hours on writing this lengthy and wondrous newsletter. I was minutes away from hitting the damn submit button and being able to ACTUALLY play the damn game...and my comuter turns itself off *falls into a sobbing mess on the ground*. I mean, it was a really in-depth, helpful (well it was supposed to be anyway) walk through of useful information and take-aways from our first week of BfA. Gone. Just gone. Sooooo...new plan. I will go over the important updates and if I get time later this week I will try and recreate my wonderful post with all the links (seriously there were like 15--it was so impressive). In the meantime if you want info on things I have probably found a wowhead article on it that might be useful to you and I can point you in the right direction. 

Alright, so to briefly sum up without all the work and links and beauty...WELCOME to our newest guildies: Yurizen and Etharuhne. Be sure to give them a warm reciprocity welcome. The other thing I love about the first week of an expansion is that it brings back a lot of guildies who have been missing. So welcome back to all of you. It is wonderful to see you again.  

To sum up, get to 120--Hooray and congratulations! If you haven't you'll get there. Enjoy playing that is what matters---there is SO much to enjoy as you explore this expansion. At 120 unlock world quests (they are good for rep and gear) AND you get your Flight Master's Whistle back *dances about* The pathfinder tracker on wowhead has been updated to track BfA flying. Don't forget to do island expeditions since you can earn 2500 azerite each week with them (and they are fun). I am pretty sure there was a lot more too---but I can't currently remember it. 

Oh yeah, there is also the anticipated Developer Q&A on Thursday the 23rd and there is a rumor that the highly anticipated 3rd and final warbringer short will be revealed at gamescon on Friday the 24th. 

Guildie of the Week

Everyone. There were just too many people who were helping each other and being just generally awesome to pick just one. So thank you all for making this guild an awesome place to be and making the first week of the expansion a blast! Keep it up. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Alright, so since we are rolling into our brand new BfA guess your guildmate season we have not one, but two challenges this week. First, we have our Legion Wrap-Up Mega Quote Challenge. What is that you ask? Well, I have posted the remaining unused quotes from all of the last expansion--these could have been uttered at any point during the expansion. For each correct guess you can earn 300 gold. If you guess all 10 you can win 100,000 gold! Do you think you have what it takes to win some gold? I mean, there is a brontosaurus mount after all...

Second, we have our first challenge for BfA! So, if you can, guess which strange guildie uttered this amazing quote this last week:

"On it like a war bonnet."

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post

Guild Checkmark Challenge

I know people ran stuff last week! And yes, not a single entry...so make sure if you run dungeons as a guild group that count towards the guild weekly challenges you send Rho an in-game mail afterwards to get entered into the weekly gold drawing.  

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here. 

Guild Bank

Just a reminder that if you have donations to make to the guild please send them to Oddbee for credit into the monthly Mat Battle Competition. If you don't care about winning fun and awesome prizes then you can toss all donations into the currents mat tab.

Since the expansion is just starting we can still really use almost everything. That said, as we get going we will likely need more herbs, gems, enchant supplies and food than other things. So, as you get items you don't want or need we would appreciate all the help we can get. 

Raiding

There are a quite a few important announcements regarding raiding. So put on those listening ears and attention hats (yes I know they are tacky, but still).

1) Please confirm your raid mains. I have just updated the raid main list so please double check to see that you are on it, and that your class and spec are correct. If I missed an off-spec for you please let me know. If you are one of the people who hasn't picked a class and/or spec yet please let me know as soon as you make a decision. 

2) New raid days. A big thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out the raid day/time survey. It really helped inform our decision about when to hold raids for the upcoming expansion. After spending a lot of time pouring over the color-coded spreadsheets we have arrived at four raid nights that I think will work to accommodate everyone who wants to raid. It was hard to pick since we have such a variety of raiders with a variety of schedules. But this should get everyone raiding--which has me very excited! But, we have narrowed it down and the new raid times are: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 8:30-10:45pm server and Sunday afternoons 2:00-4:15 pm server. 

3) Uldir comes out September 4th. So we need to get ready!

4) In terms of getting ready for raiding we will be having "gearing events" during our scheduled raid times from now until the raid opens to help people gear up. We will try and run each type of dungeon that people need. When we have enough people to run mythic dungeons we will do those. If we still have people who will benefit from normal and/or heroic dungeons we will still run those. These events are posted on the in-game calendar. Please sign up so we can gauge interest. 

5) Raids and events are posted for September. 

6) There will be some refinement and clarification of our raiding policies coming in the next few days (possibly to week depending on how this week goes for Rho) so stay tuned. 

7) Get gearing! 

8) One last point I want to clarify is that we will be doing all 4 raid nights because we have more raiders (40+) than can fit in a single raid. Four nights will also allow us to get more peoples preferred times into the rotation. If you don't want to raid 4 nights that is a-okay. We will try this schedule and see how it works. 

9) One last important point--the very first week of raids is a tad abnormal. The week Uldir comes out (the Week of Sept 4th) we will raid Monday instead of Sunday because Rho will be out of town on Sunday. After that raids will go back to the new raid days. 

If you have any questions/concerns let Rho know and we will do the best we can to answer questions and address concerns. If you need help gearing etc. holler!!

Can't wait *squeee*

Mythic Plus Groups

The last order of business for this newsletter is to see who would be interested in being in some long term consistent mythic plus groups. We are contemplating setting up some guild groups so help get people in more mythic+s early on (since they are more fun that way in my opinion) and usually easier and more reliable. So, if you would be interested in doing weekly mythic pluses with guildies please let Rho know. More details on exactly what this would mean depends on how many people would be interested etc.  

Reminders

~Check your main!~

~Check the in-game calendar~

~Get geared up!~

~Keep helping each other~

~Keep having fun~

Jump to: