Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 299

Welcome to the 299th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to the this edition of the weekly (two weeks--we're on a roll) Newsletter.

This week brings with it more fun, games, good times, LFR (a simultaneous groan and squee) and maybe...just maybe more gear. 

First and foremost let me pass on what very little I have (I think) learned about warfronts. Because these things are confusing (at least for me). Warfronts can be divided into segments or "stages" of a warfront cycle. 

1) Alliance has ownership of Arathi highlands--meanwhile Horde are gathering resources to help their faction gain enough strength to attack. This was the progress bar we saw as they eeked up in percentage over the beginning to middle of last week. 

2) Once the Horde have gained enough supplies (region-wide mind you), the "Warfront: Battle for Stromgarde" unlocks for all Horde players. These players (not us stinky alliance) are then able to queue for the Warfront Experience. During this time Alliance remains in control of Arathi Highlands. 

3) When the Horde attack on Stormgarde is complete (seven days after it starts) they gain control over Arathi Highlands. This will then allow Alliance to start collecting resources to help their faction. 

4) Once we have gathered enough supplies we unlock the ability to launch the Warfront. This means that the alliance attacks and fights for seven days to regain control of Arathi Highlands. Then, the cycle repeats. 

Take-aways?

~~World Bosses and rares in Arathi Highlands reset when and only when the ownership of Arathi Highlands changes. This means we end going longer than "weekly resets" for resets on world bosses and rares. ~~

~~These are good/important to track the changes since the resets are more likely the broken shore than weekly resets. And the rares have a chance to drop loot, some toys, mounts and pets. Don't forget to get in on that action. ~~

If you want to read more about, you can check out Wowhead's Warfronts Guide.

Also, if you only killed the rares near the quests, there are more rares than that. I found this map and list to be incredibly helpful when I went back to finish farming rares in the zone.  

Next, if you did your Mythic+s last week you should have a Chest to pick up! You do that in the Harbormaster's Office. I know there was some chatter this mornig about whether people received 340s or 355s from their +2 keystones. I do think I have found the answer to that question. IF you get an azerite armor piece, that might is lower than the general gear from the chest. You can look at the table below to figure out what you should get. If you got azerite armor from a +2 chest it would be 340, whereas regular loot in the weekly chest for a +2 is 355. Hence the confusion. 

This week is also the exciting: BfA Dungeon Bonus Event. What does that mean? It means 2 things. Most importantly, it means you should pick up the quest Emissary of War from the wonderous Tortollan in Boralus. This should reward a big chunk of azerite and even better: Cache of Uldir Treasures. Now, I am relatively sure this is still like the one from last expansion where the reward is based on how many bosses on the previous tier you have killed (or on your ilvl)--I was never sure. But, that gives you even more reason to go stick your big toe into *holds nose* LFR whose first wing became available in the LFG tool this week. Remember items can always warforge and titanforge, so if you have the time (and let's be honest the patience for LFR) it might be a good idea to run it. 

It also is probably worth noting that there is a second possible weekly chest a few people might be interested in: The PvP Conquest Cap Chest. I have to admit I have not 100% looked into this yet (as I just found out about it)...but the little research I have done would indicate that each time you cap conquest the next week you will have access to a chest that gives you shiny loot. For those not into pvp this could take a bit, but if you don't mind a few battlegrounds or arenas it could be a nice way to get some additional loot. If you want to learn more I suggest reading here

Lastly if you are looking for a guide for Toys in BfA, look no farther. I found this loverly guide this morning and it can help you max your toy potential!

Okay, that wraps it up for major announcements on my Radar. Lets see what else is cooking.

Guildie of the Week

I love it when people only have wonderful and amazing stories to tell about each other! Another hard week to narrow down nominations. This week's winner of Guildie of the week goes to:

Etharuhne

Etharuhne was nominated for helping out multiple people this week. Not only was she ready to join mythic groups at the drop of a hat, but she was also always willing to get on her tank and tank normals and heroics for people who were still gearing up. Thank you for helping out where you can--we (and our shiny gear) appreciates it. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

How could y'all not know that dirty remark "Napp, can you come in the hole?" was said and deeply regretted by none other than our fabulous Coroc! Okay, so for this next challenge, I want you to picture yourself with a guild group inside Shrine of the Storm. You are approaching the first boss and he yells something about sullying this place aaaaaannnddd then one of your beloved guildmates says  this:

"You don't wanna know what I did in the fountain!"

Can you sleuth your way to the answer of the mystery guildmate for the week? Don't forget to submit your guesses for prizes!

Also, don't forget the Leion Wrap-Up Mega Quote Challenge is still in full swing for another  month (submissions close at the end of September). So get guessing and win up to 100,000 gold!

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Thantos won 1637 gold

Don't forget to submit your entries to Rho with an in-game mail. Don't wanna miss out on the gold you need for that brontosaurus mount! 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

Alright we are now in full swing, and while loads of stuff is still usefull, what we are hurting on and in need of the most is: Anchor WeedMidnight Salmon, & Veiled Crystals. Bonus points towards the monthly Mat Battle will be given for supplying these items. 

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Raiding

Honestly, that was a rocking week everyone! I am so happy to be back raiding with the guild (that was a long break). We downed half the raid on normal in the first week, which honestly might be our best ever....and we were making progress on that pesky Vectis Monday night. Not only did we get bosses down, but we actually made it into the rankings on execution for 2 of those bosses. We were even in the top 50% on one of them. We rarely made execution rankings last expac. so I am hella excited. 

Just a reminder if you are just now gearing up, if you haven't told me your raid main, please do so (or at least double check that it is correct on the Raid Main List. If you have changed, or recently decided on a main double check that it is correct. 

Additionally, just a second reminder that we updated our  Scroll of Focus Flakes last week so I strongly encourage everyone to check it out and see any changes. OR if you are new, look it over for good measure. There are not major changes if you have raided with us before BUT we will be enforcing invite times, and start times for first and second half. Additionally we are back to posting raid rosters because we have SO many people who want to raid this expansion (not everyone is quite ready tonight) but once everyone is geared it is gonna be a tight fit. Additionally, you may notice on there it talks about your responsibilities for gems and enchants. There are cheap ones in the bank. Right now these are all we have guild mats for, if other people in guild can make them and you have the mats or money for it go for it, but for at least these first few weeks it is not *required* just encouraged.

Lastly, if you are in the limbo area of gear between 330-340 let me know and if the group is balanced you can probably still come to the raid. 

AND please remember to sign up. Right now we are doing alright because people made flexible toons, but it really helps me to know what the raid team will look like before the raid. Remember you can sign up for the whole month or a raid at a time but whichever you do please be sure that each raids sign up is accurate by 10 pm the night before the raid. 

If you are not yet leveled or geared and want help please just let us know. We have been working hard to help people but I know we aren't always on when you are--so if you let me know I will try and schedule it or find people who can help. 

Let's kick some MORE ass this week!

Mythic Plus Groups

Thank you everyone who showed interest in participating with guildies in weekly Mythic+ groups. I should have finished setting up groups and sent everyone the info about their group members and overlapping times. If you didn't hear from me let me know.

Second, seeing as how we have a handful of people still gearing it might be good to keep these as rolling invites. So, when you get geared and are interested in joining a regularly--weekly running mythic+ group please holler at me and I will do what I can to help you get that set up. 

Reminders

~Guild World Boss TONIGHT (Tuesday) after raid~

~Sign up for Raids!~ 

Jump to: