Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 297 & 298

Welcome to the 297 & 298th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to the this special edition of the weekly(ish) Newsletter. Coming to you live on the edge of our seats as we await the arrival of Uldir and mythic+s.

In a wow-related but not current game piece of information for everyone there is a cool kickstarter up for The World of Warcraft Diary, which details early classic development. Even cooler, the author is actually a good friend of our ever missing in action Clapperoth. So, if you're into neat nerdy stuff (which lets face us is most of us) check it out

Also, a very important thing to realize this week is that the Darkmoon Faire is in town until the end of Saturday. Now, I know some of you are all over there moaning and groaning and saying why on earth would I bother with the silly Faire when there is so much new content to play around with? Well, first and foremost (in my mind anyway) is that the Darkmoon Faire allows you to grab that 10% experience and reputation buff. This should help a little with those rep and level grinds everyone is working on. Plus, 8.0 added a new toy: Hot Buttered Popcorn, which you can pick up if you haven't yet. On the downside, while I was looking over the Darkmoon info, I also stumbled across this, which explains that currently the profession quests are only rewarding skill ups for classic professions not BfA--so if you don't want to waste your time and be very disappointed there's the heads up. 

In other tricksy change news, how Artifact Knowledge works is different (I mean the same but different--it's complicated). The short answer is it works the same don't worry about it...the long answer is technically how we visually see it is different. Instead of multiplying everything by 30% like we did in legion, instead the AP requirements for your Heart of Azeroth (HoA) are being reduced (it amounts to the same thing) but it keeps the numbers nice and small. If you want to read the very long winded and somewhat confusing post more power to ya. 

Bonus rolls are back! Be sure to pick them up today! You can purchase two per week and carry a max of 5. See Tezran in Boralus to get them--if you're alliance (also the prices have changed a bit so be prepared).

Additionally, Warfronts and world bosses should be coming today as well (although I didn't see them when roll over first happened--but haven't rechecked yet...I am sure it will be here momentarily). This survival guide details a bit about world boss (and mythic+) and much more. If you specifically want to read up on warfronts I suggest this strategy guide since I haven't really dug into it yet, but I am excited to see what they are all about. 

To cap this information session off, you might also want to be aware that  with an update last week Alchemists can now learn the ability: Transmute:Meat to Pet. This is a weekly cooldown and rewards common pets, but also has 4 unique pets to obtain...so pet collectors...start transmuting! If you wanna check out the new models (and they are awesome) look over here. AND I meant to post this a week ago for our pet collectors...progress was made on the secret pet battle pet Baal. Check out this guide for more info. AND if you want to make sure you are checking everything off your to-do list, be sure to check out the attunement tracker to knock out pathfinder, allied races and more.

This just in--impromptu decision made-- we will run the world boss as a guild (if you're free and interested--I mean I am pretty sure it drops amazing loot) before raid. Invites at 7:45 pm server. Pulling at 8:00 (depending on respawn timer). Don't be late we have a raid to get to. If you miss it we will try and run it again at 10:45 pm

Okay, lets see what else we need to cover this week...*tries to catch breath*

Guildie of the Week

Okay, you are all making it really hard to pick individuals to receive this reward. Sooooo, since we are officially starting the fourth week I will include three people in this reward who have gone the extra mile in the last 3 weeks. And don't worry I have several of you in mind for the next few weeks--too many amazing guildies to choose from who I have heard astounding things about.  

Coroc 

Swiftkarma

Elenntari

Coroc was nominated for helping oraganize groups, making sure we have cauldrons for raids, and just generally being positive and supprotive as we enter this exciting new expansion. We are really glad you are back Coroc. 

Swift--can't make up his mind--karma despite never being able to pick a class has been a wonderful asset this expansion so far. He has helped gear people up and answer questions and all while being pleasant--even when mythics can take several hours and be a wee bit ouchy. Thanks for being positive and patient Swift. 

Elenntari was nominated this week for being a heal bitch. Being one of the only geared healers sometimes is a tiresome job. She has healed normals, heroics, and several mythics (some where she couldn't even get loot) just to help gear people up for raids. All while trying to start the semester. And at the same time she has supported me in trying to get raids and groups up and running. 

Thank you all for making this guild an awesome place to be and making the first push towards raiding not too stressful! Keep it up. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Annnnd I can't believe no one was able to guess the really creative phrase from last time "On it like a war bonnet!" belonged to Offthechaeni! Can you guess this magnificent quote from this past week? This was while we were in a dungeon with a pug (Waycrest Manor after Lord and Lady Waycrest) and this guildie could not stop laughing after they said...

"Napp, can you come in the hole?"

Also, don't forget the Leion Wrap-Up Mega Quote Challenge is still in full swing for another  month (submissions close at the end of September). So get guessing and win up to 100,000 gold!

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Swiftkarma won 700 gold

Don't forget to submit your entries to Rho with an in-game mail. Don't wanna miss out on the gold you need for that brontosaurus mount! 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

Just a reminder that if you have donations to make to the guild please send them to Oddbee for credit into the monthly Mat Battle Competition. If you don't care about winning fun and awesome prizes then you can toss all donations into the currents mat tab.

Since the expansion is just starting we can still really use almost everything. That said, as we get going we will likely need more herbs, gems, enchant supplies and food than other things. So, as you get items you don't want or need we would appreciate all the help we can get. 

Raiding

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Okay, now that that is out of my system. Uldir opens today. That's right--T.O.D.A.Y: TODAY! Soooooo, lets recap the important information.

First and foremost, you must pick a raid main. The toon you bring to the the first night you raid is officially your raid main. I have (again) updated the Raid Main List. If you have changed, or recently decided on a main double check that it is correct. 

Second, While the in-game calendar says ilvls of 340+ we have taken that down to 335+ for this week of raids. If you are between 330-335 please talk to Rho and we will see if we can run you through mythics to get you bumped up. 

Third, I updated the guild's raid policies and you can read them over in our Scroll of Focus Flakes. There are not major changes if you have raided with us before BUT we will be enforcing invite times, and start times for first and second half. Additionally we are back to posting raid rosters because we have SO many people who want to raid this expansion (not everyone is quite ready tonight) but once everyone is geared it is gonna be a tight fit. Additionally, you may notice on there it talks about your responsibilities for gems and enchants. There are cheap ones in the bank. Right now these are all we have guild mats for, if other people in guild can make them and you have the mats or money for it go for it, but for at least this first week it is not *required*.

Which leads me to my fourth point--sign ups! Please sign up. The raid rosters are made based on the sign-ups from the in-game calendar. I will be posting raids one month at a time. And I will endeavor to post the next month's raids around the 15th of each month. Remember you can sign up for the whole month or a raid at a time but whichever you do please be sure that each raids sign up is accurate by 10 pm the night before the raid. 

Fifth, make sure you check the raid rosters when they are posted. I will be posting them here on the website as a response to the BfA Raiding thread each time. I will then link to that thread in the Raiding discord channel and in the facebook group. 

If you are coming to the raid this week be sure to do a little introductory research on the fights. I will, as always, explain things--but it really does help to have a basic understanding going in. 

If you are not yet leveled or geared and want help please just let us know. We have been working hard to help people but I know we aren't always on when you are--so if you let me know I will try and schedule it or find people who can help. 

Let's kick some ass this week!

Oh, and don't forget the nights for raiding this week are a little wonky (and not the usual raid nights because I will be out of town on Sunday) so we will raid Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday. 

Mythic Plus Groups

Seeing as how mythic plus dungeons start this week I am working to finalize our ongoing groups for the expansion. In the meantime please feel free to run any and all the mythic plus groups we can get our hands on they are great for gearing and they give you a great chest next week.

I will be sending out a time/availability survey tonight for those who have expressed interest and putting the final touches together by the end of the week.

If you want to join a mythic + group please let me know. If you think you might want to but are scared still let me know! We can get you in some this week and see what you think, you can always change your mind.

Reminders

~Guild World Boss TONIGHT (Tuesday)~

~Sign up for Raids!~

~Finish gearing up~

~Warfronts are great for war resources~

~Keep having fun~

Jump to: