Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 312-324

Welcome to the 312th-324th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this edition of the newsletter! And welcome to a New Year...okay yeah I know most of you have been enjoying the new year for well on two weeks  months now (yes I originally drafted this a long time ago), but now it is newsletter official. With the holidays and the semester gearing up I have been a little missing in action myself, and I apologize. Luckily for me people have been doing a great job keeping each other company. But, I do think it is time to touch base and get back in the groove.

First things first, a few important current events in game--this weeks is world quest week...(HA! what are the chances it would be when I first drafted this and it is again) so don't forget to pick up the The World Awaits quest and earn your 1000 war resources. 

8.1.5 Hits next week...which brings with it some anticipated fun and trepidation for some (okay mainly me). What does it mean? Well, for some it means the long awaited arrival of the ability to unlock the zandalari and kul tiran allied races (if you wanna see the low down on how to unlock these wonderful races check out this post), for others it is the arrival of the new raid (yay). The Brawler's Guild comes back, there are changes and new things at the Darkmoon Faire (that's right, including fish heads) and...and...for those of you alt-a-holics, they are increasing the character per realm limit to 50! (true story). If you want to look over more 8.1.5 info check out wowheads overview and they have a nice how to prep for the patch guide

I am sure you are all more up to date on this stuff than me, but those are the highlights I have seen fellow guildies posting about. 

Next, let's see what is tick tocking along in the guild. 

Guildie of the Week

Oddbee

Bee was nominated for going the extra mile to level, gear and run dungeon after dungeon to get us flask enables after Coroc's computer literally got struck by lightning. We appreciate all you do for us Bee. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

I have actually taken to saying last time's guess your guildmate challenge in my daily life--I thought it was that amazing. But, since no one could remember, I guess I will just tell you that it was Surdor who said "Coulda, woulda, shoulda, uh oh!" Maybe you'll remember which raider made this treat the first week of the next raid?  

"I'm gonna spank those druids so hard their feathers fall off!"

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Blendorn won 1637 gold

Don't forget to submit your entries to Rho with an in-game mail. Don't wanna miss out on the gold you need for that brontosaurus mount! 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Guild Bank

A reminder that while loads of different mats are still useful, what we are hurting on and in need of the most is: Anchor WeedBriny FleshThick Paleo SteaksSand Shifter, & Veiled Crystals. Bonus points towards the monthly Mat Battle will be given for supplying these items. 

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Discord Changes: Channels & Roles

There have been a few minor changes to our discord. We have added a #pets channel where people can post wonderful, adorable, silly--all things--pets. The other recent addition was the #ink channel which was added so people could show off (also post when requested haha) their tattoos. 

Additionally, their is a brand new channel and feature #get-role. This channel allows you to adopt certain roles for the guild discord.For example, if you respond to the first get-role post with the writing hand you will gain the Newsletter role. That means you will get notified when newsletters are posted. The other 2 roles are: 1) Raiders (for people wanting to stay up to date on all things raiding). 2) Fun Times (for people who want to be notified of fun events, games, achievement runs etc.). 

We will likely add new roles to this channel as they become necessary. If you have suggestions for new roles please let Rho know. 

Raiding

Soooo, yeah, a bit of time has passed in the raid world--we are in a whole different raid since the last time we had a newsletter. We have made overall good progress (albeit a tad stalled on the two we have been working on for the past weeks). Luckily, I now get to ammend this and say we kicked ASS--and we mastered those Jadefire Masters (okay it might have been a tad closer than that--but we still won).

The first two weeks in raids are posted (the rest will be coming). I am holding off on the second half of March because we might swap what days we do what for that second half. But for now, Tuesday and Saturday will be our Heroic nights with Thursday and Sunday as our normal nights. So SIGN UP and lets kick some more ass!

Reminders

~Sign up for Raids!~

~Get your new roles in discord~

Jump to: