Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 340

Welcome to the 340th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! First and foremost welcome to our newest guildies: Blasts from some of our pasts: Edovard and Jaq (previously known as Zaonena)!! Welcome back we are delighted to have you. 

The day has arrived...the day most of you have been waiting for...and the day I have been dreading (although surprisingly not as much as usual)... PATCH DAY!

Now, I know most of us are excited for different reasons...but, I think I can safely say  almost everyone is excited about the release of FLYING! That's right we can finally take to the skies!...Okay, well almost. Technically you have to earn Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part Two first. So, make sure you have part 1 completed and then you just have to explore the two new zones (Nazjatar and Mechagon) and get revered with  two new factions (Rustbolt Resistance and the Nazjatar faction for your faction). YAY! So like in a month or so we will be flying...

There are of course other new goodies coming along with the 8.2 patch including upgrades to the heart of azeroth (once you max it to 50), new pets and mounts, new island expeditions, more war campaign story, changes to professions and so much more. If you want to read the patch notes in full here ya go

As always wowhead has a great survival guide for 8.2. If you like to read, here is the full version. If not here are a few tidbits for you. 

Some things to do right away (if you're already 120)...
1) unlock Nazjatar by completing the quest chain which stars with The Wolf's Offensive by talking with Genn.

2) If your Heart of Azeroth is level 50, access the Heart Forge and unlock essences after your complete the Nazjatar intro and accept the quest Essential Empowerment from Magni. 

3) Unlock Mechagon by completing steps 1 and 2

4) Continue the Nazjatar and Mechagon quests to unlock more fun like benthic gear, the bodyguard system, the Pocket-sized Computation Device (a customizable trinket)

5) Start working on Pathfinder Part 2. Here is a complete guide to Pathfinder Part 2 and don't forget you can check your status using the wowhead flying tool

These are to me, the things you want to start right away, but there is also the new mount system, tauren and gnome heritage armor and the new pet battle dungeon: Stratholme. 

So just a few more quick links so people can find them if/when they want to. Here is the guide for battle pets in 8.2. In case you missed it they are updating professions and giving most of them awesome new recipies, so here is your guide to profession changes in 8.2. Last, but not least...for our favorite Bee... the speculation on the new Bee Mount!

Also, in case you were asleep and missed it...or you want a recap, I have included the Azshara Warbringers video. 

Okay, that is the best I can do for your patch 8.2 at a glance. Shall we see what is kicking down in guild town?

Guildie of the Week

Edovard

Ed was nominated for donating his high level keystone to a guild group and letting us smash (and I do mean smash) our faces into it until we emerged victorious. We truly appreciate your kindness and patience. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

I am sure by now you have forgotten that it was Celadrithien who said... "So why have Genn Graymane and Cyrus been having a staring contest for six months?". Maybe you will have better luck at this easy one...

"I hate change!"

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Request for People: Herald of the Titans

Short Version: We are looking for more people who are willing to help the guild get this achievement. Specifically classes that can do either dps or healing. 

Long Version: So, the group of people who had previously set out to get this achievement gave this a shot last weekend only to be painfully hit upside the head with BfA changes making this achievement more difficult to obtain with only a 10 man group. Because they changed it so you can do this as a flex group (10-30 people) and because of the increased damage to tanks, groups that are larger in number (specifically with more healers) has been more successful.

What would you need to do?: Level a toon to 80, then turn off experience gains. We will then help you get geared up and ready to do the achievement. If you are interested please let Rho know and let her know what class/spec you are planning/hoping to do.

Guild Bank

New Patch, new mats, new things. That's right with the updates to professions in today's patch we will need a ton of the new mats and craftables. So if you have the time, energy and ability to donate we would appreciate it. We will see if we can get back to providing guild food (remains to be seen how difficult the mats are to get) and the new flasks and potions. For now, any and all of the new mats, flasks, foods etc. are bonus items.

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Raiding

It is with great pride that I get to announce that the guild has downed Heroic Rastakhan! And it was amazing at that. We went from smashing our faces into it and losing people left and right to magically on the kill pull having everyone just be up like we were pros (which we totally are). It was epic!

Now we get to play around with the next boss, one of my favorites. 

We have two weeks before the new raid, so I will be posting some updated raid days/times/events. 

This week we will try Sunday as a Uldir achievement night to throw some fun and challenge into the mix. 

I will post raids for July soon (as the new raid comes out on the 9th) so keep your eyes peeled. 

Lastly, with the addition of benthic gear now is a good time if you want to trade in your ONE main change token...so let rho know if you plan to change mains and we will help get you up and running by the 9th. 

Reminders

~Seize the day, level a Herald toon~

~Do the things! Literally ALL the things!~

Jump to: