Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 369

Welcome to the 369th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

The time has come! The time is NOW! Reciprocity Guildies, the patch is here now!

That is right, 8.3 is officially live. So, to start things off, here is the patch trailer.

Which, we had better savor, because it is apparently the last patch of the expansion, as there is no 8.3.5 planned as of right now.

Now, as you all should know by now, I hate patch days. I hate change and I always find this so stressful and it takes time for me to really start enjoying a new patch. But, with that said I have a few updates and (hopefully helpful) links to share on this patch day. 

As always, here are the official patch notes. Two other thorough resources are the 8.3 Survival Guide and if you want a more in your face do this now approach, there is a What to do on Patch Day and Week 1 Guide

My Take Away is that:

1) There is a new questline you should do that should walk you through a fair number of the new patch features. This is where you get your new LEGENDARY CLOAK!

2) The Artifact Neck level cap has been increased. So, start grinding out that AP again. The next minor essence slot opens at level 75. 

3)There are new N'zoth related assaults (of varying size). The size determines how long they last and how frequently you can do them (I think). 

4) There is a thing called Horrific Visions, these are important but I do not understand them yet. I believe it is related to the cloak. There are currencies require to go into these, as well as a currency to help you inside them? For more on Corrupted Mementos, check here and for more on the Titanic Research check here

5) Corruptions are important, but to be honest I have not looked into them hat much yet. Here is a Corruption System Overview for those who are interested. 

In other good news, it does look like there is a gear catch-up mechanic to 410--the Black Empire Gear Sets. It has been difficult to find exactly where they drop but I believe they come from the new Rares and Mobs in the Assault Zones (Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms). 

Additionally, there are 7 new essences in the patch, so be sure to check them out to see if they are good for you. 

Other fun bits and pieces:

1) Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races are here

2) Allied Races and Pandaren Death Knights are available (If you have pre-purchased shadowlands)

3) There are auction house changes (I am going to wait and reserve judgment on these changes till later)

4) Operation: Mechagon dungeon has been split into two pieces allowing for Heroic and Mythic+ difficulties. 

5) Upcoming Arcade Games for the Darkmoon Faire

And I am sure much more that I didn't put here. 

Lastly, don't forget it is Mythic Dungeon Week! Completing 4 Mythic (or higher) dungeons will give you a 430 item level piece of gear. 

Guildie of the Week

Ironfist

Ironfist was nominated for offering to help Mari get the gold she needs to get her amazing brutosaur mount--even if Mari didn't take him up on the offer. It was an amazingly sweet and kind offer. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail, discord or facebook message to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Raiding

I am so sad, the new season doesn't start until next week, so we won't see that bump in item level until next Tuesday, sadly. But, then we will see new item levels in dungeons and raids. There is a handy dandy table as to where the various item levels come from below:

The Raid will open next week on the 21st. If the server is stable enough we will try raiding. I am hoping with the new year we are all refreshed from out relatively easy raiding schedule over the holidays and ready to jump in head first to raiding. This week the raids are all listed as TBD. All that means is we are going to play it by ear to what we do...it may be fresh heroic, Za'qul, Azshara or Mythic+ or achievements. It will just depend on who shows up.  

Raids are posted for next week. We will do as much of Normal Ny'alotha as possible. The item level needed is 430+. If you are not to that point, let me know and we will do what we can. The item level bump should help us get there. 

In the meantime, work on getting your heart of azeroth to at least 75 to unlock the last minor essence slots. Do the questline and start working on your cloak. Dip your toes into the assaults and horrific visions. Work on the new essences...basically do all the things and make yourself bigger! 

Needed Supplies

We just need to stock up on feasts and flasks for raids. Our top needs right now are Viper Fish and Zin'anthid. Other materials for feasts or herbs of any kind would be appreciated as well. 

Reminders

~Do ALL the things!~

Jump to: