Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 368

Welcome to the 368th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Happy New Year Guildies! This is officially the first newsletter of 2020! I swear the older I get the more time feels like an enigma. So, yeah, those past 5 months happened. But, here we are starting fresh. A new year, a new patch only a week away...things are looking good. 

First and foremost I want to welcome the guildies (so far) new in 2020. Big Reciprocity welcome to Ironfist and Lyredrelia. Other guildies who joined last month include Maeverit, Alphara, Kitkatz, Draenaynay, Elneth, and Thedog! Welcome everyone. 

The 15th anniversary was a blast. Congratulations to everyone who got their mounts, leveled a bunch of toons, got rep or experience or just had a darn good time. 

The biggest news is, of course, that Patch 8.3 launches next Tuesday on January 14th. This patch brings a ton of changes, and while I am not one to delve deep into the changes before they happen I do have a few tidbits I have picked up over the last month of anticipation I thought I would share with people. Now, I know we have a lot of collection junkies here. So here are overviews of mounts and pets to look forward to in 8.3. 

Now, if you are looking more for things you can do to prepare for the patch and be ready to rock and roll I have collected the upcoming resources. If you are a fan of islands you can stack your maps for an increase chance at rewards to set you a smidge ahead come patch day. Here are step by step instructions. Next, there will be a new 8.3 specific questline, but there are some requirements. This guide will help you know what you need to have completed going into 8.3 and what the benefits of doing so are. Lastly, if you are a dire hard mythic+ person here is some information on the season 4 affix. 

Additionally, a new year means we get to reset our "deaths caused by pets" counter back down to ZERO! We only had a total of 4 raid wipes and 9 individual character deaths to pets in 2019. That is only a little above 1 per month on average, so I am impressed (I thought it would be more).   To date in 2020 there have been no deaths caused by pets. Fingers crossed we make it to week two without increasing the counter. 

Lastly, I just want to let people know that I am entering probably 5 months of yuck as I finish data collection and begin the writing process of the stupid dissertation. So, I will likely be online less than before and if I am on I may not be attending. So, if I miss a message or don't reply it isn't because I don't love you. Just send it again, or send me an in-game mail or discord message and I will get back to you when I can. 

Onward friends! To the rest of the newsletter... 

Guildie of the Week

Offthechaeni

Guildie of the Week will return with the next newsletter. Please be sure to send me your nominations. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail, discord or facebook message to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Guess your Guildmate will hopefully return soon. I stopped recording all the brilliant and funny things you all said while I was not doing newsletters. So...be funny...m'kay?

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Raiding

I am hoping with the new year we are all refreshed from out relatively easy raiding schedule over the holidays and ready to jump in head first to raiding. This week the raids are all listed as TBD. All that means is we are going to play it by ear to what we do...it may be fresh heroic, Za'qul, Azshara or Mythic+ or achievements. It will just depend on who shows up.  

Then, next week (first week of the patch) I have listed mythic+ on our raid nights as the new raid isn't out and we should be gearing up for it. It is likely, however, that Tuesday (patch day) people will be working on the new (long) storyline quests so if people prefer to work on that that is ok as well. Finally, the following week (January 21st) the new raid opens and we will start that week on Normal. 

Please remember if you are planning to main swap for this raid that you have let Rho know and ask if you need help getting your ilvl, neck (ap), or essences caught up to be raid ready. 

I will do my best to keep people up to date on what to expect.

New Patch Supplies

Thankfully from what I can tell there are not a ton of new mats. Unforunately this meands we are stuck with the things we already need. So, if you have any herbs, feast mats, flasks etc. to donate to guild it would be greatly appreciated.

Reminders

~Get Patch Ready!~

Jump to: